http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

CBS

Military Dec. 27 Washington, D.C. ACC No. 8 vs. C-USA

Maryland vs. North Texas

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

SB Nation

12/31/2013 Liberty (Memphis) C-USA 1 vs. SEC 8 North Texas

Tennessee

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/17/5113848/bowl-projections-predictions-2013-alabama-florida-state

Interesting to see that not one publication has us in the same bowl.. got to say I would not mind the HOD, but would rather not play Ohio or Bowling Green, as I would like to get and AQ school.

• Upvote 2

I would want to steer clear of Bowling Green -- they are VERY good and would be a difficult match up for us as they play smashmouth as well.

Don't really want a rematch of Ohio either to be honest. I know that was a close game and we should have won but I really just don't like bowl rematches against teams you've already played in the regular season.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if he realizes that Ohio State will be playing in a BCS bowl, maybe the championship game? That will move each Big 10 team up in its bowl slots, so that the Big 10's #7 team will be playing in the #6 bowl slot. Which means the Big 10 almost certainly will not have enough bowl-eligible teams to provide a team for the HOD Bowl.

The only possibilities are for Northwestern to win out against Michigan State (unlikely) and Illinois (very likely), for Indiana to win out against Ohio State (virtually impossible) and Purdue (very likely), or for Ohio State to drop a game in their last two or in the Big 10 Championship (none of which seem likely).

I wonder if he realizes that Ohio State will be playing in a BCS bowl, maybe the championship game? That will move each Big 10 team up in its bowl slots, so that the Big 10's #7 team will be playing in the #6 bowl slot. Which means the Big 10 almost certainly will not have enough bowl-eligible teams to provide a team for the HOD Bowl.

The only possibilities are for Northwestern to win out against Michigan State (unlikely) and Illinois (very likely), for Indiana to win out against Ohio State (virtually impossible) and Purdue (very likely), or for Ohio State to drop a game in their last two or in the Big 10 Championship (none of which seem likely).

Chuck has two Big Ten teams to play in BCS games. He picked Ohio State to play in the Rose Bowl and Wisconsin to play in the Orange Bowl.

I was hoping Northwestern would beat Michigan on Saturday to get to 5 wins with a probable Illinois win left but they lost in 3 OT's. When Northwestern lost I thought the chances of an Iowa or any Big Ten team vs UNT game were over because there will not be enough bowl eligible teams. However, I might be wrong but I believe that just because a certain bowl is slotted for the #6 or #7 Big Ten team etc that the bowls do not have to go in the exact order. I am sure that the HOD Bowl would really like an Iowa vs UNT match up not only because of UNT proximity but also because of the Hayden Fry factor plus Ferentz and McCarney coached under Hayden at Iowa.

• Upvote 1