Anybody bought Football tickets from Living Social Yet?

Joshdude182

My parents are considering buying tickets for the UTSA game from LivingSocial.com.

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/cities/11-dallas/912249-north-texas-mean-green-football-ticket

It says you get a voucher for a ticket. I'd like to know if anybody has done this yet and how you go about redeeming the voucher. My guess is that they email you something that you print and bring to the stadium on the day of the game to redeem your tickets. Anybody know if that's correct and if so what gate you would go to redeem them? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Joshdude182

Does MG Athletics get full value for your ticket/seat? I know that these services have value and are necessary, but if you're a fan of Mean Green and want to support the program why would you try to short change the program in favor of saving 5 bucks?

As a bar rat who frequently goes to watch friends play their gigs, I never ever ask them to put me on "the list" or for free tickets. These guys need food money just like myself.

Joshdude: certainly not trying to put you/your parents under the microscope with this question. Just trying to understand how the system works.

• Upvote 1

Does MG Athletics get full value for your ticket/seat? I know that these services have value and are necessary, but if you're a fan of Mean Green and want to support the program why would you try to short change the program in favor of saving 5 bucks?

As a bar rat who frequently goes to watch friends play their gigs, I never ever ask them to put me on "the list" or for free tickets. These guys need food money just like myself.

Joshdude: certainly not trying to put you/your parents under the microscope with this question. Just trying to understand how the system works.

Okay we'll just get regular tickets. My parents are just broke these days putting my brother through a private school in Arkansas and my sister through a private school in east Texas. They're gonna be bringing 6 people and $30 is a lot of savings...that's why I asked. I'm a college student who can't afford to subsidize them. I have no desire to shortchange the athletic department.

Okay we'll just get regular tickets. My parents are just broke these days putting my brother through a private school in Arkansas and my sister through a private school in east Texas. They're gonna be bringing 6 people and $30 is a lot of savings...that's why I asked. I'm a college student who can't afford to subsidize them. I have no desire to shortchange the athletic department.

Don't know how to handle this, but I am up for donating $30 of that short fall so that they can attend. Let's work it out.

• Upvote 1

Are you looking at the end zone family pack? It looks like there will be 8 of them? The family pack is a really good deal for groups of 4. We have our season tickets there and love it. The fans are fun and there isn't a bad view anywhere. The speakers at the other end zone seem a lot louder, but still. It's a fun time