Do you appreciate it more now?

BIG DAWG

When the "Bowl Era" was going strong, I was a recent NT grad. I had been going to games for 5-6 years, became a season ticket holder, and was thinking that bowl games were just going to be the norm at NT.

Taking the bowl run for granted, I never made it to any of them. I always had something in the way, and just assumed it wasn't a big deal because I could go the next time I had a little extra money, or when it was easier to get off work, etc.

Nine years later...I've now also gone through one of the most painful times in NT history.

I'm posting first to tell everyone to enjoy every minute of this season. Go to games, read the articles about NT, tailgate, brag to your buddies about NT, etc.

Second, go to the bowl game if there is any way humanly possible you can. My wife is not a big football fan, and she has seen me go through the dark days, and has seen my regret over missing those bowl games, and has pretty much insisted I go wherever it may be short of Hawaii.

Finally, those that are in my boat, and took those bowl games for granted and didn't get a taste of that time, share with the new group of fans and lets all enjoy this as much as we can!!!

Go MEAN GEEEN!

Edited by BIG DAWG
  • Upvote 6

First lets get a bowl bid first. This seems early. Makes me more nervous

If we get a bowl bid go, if out of town go early and spend time with other fans there are lots of events. It makes it even more rememberable and fun. You leave feeling being part of something much bigger. The energy is fantastic. I went to three, 2002, 2003, 2004. If it is Hawaii go even then just work around and find the deals. (I have found if there is a will there is a way) I know it would be harder for most but after the last 9 years damn.