On a more positive note, Coach Peterson is making me a fan

oldguystudent

Coach Peterson and his wife are out and about at the football games, visiting everybody's tailgate, making friends, excited to be in Denton.

As I understand it, they also make effort to be out and about in town as much as their schedule allows, endearing themselves and the team to the Denton community.

His self deprecating humor is hilarious and infectious. I believe the line this past weekend was this passing remark of "Well, I try to get to as many women's basketball games as I can." My kid, snarky 12-year-old that she is, snaps, "Well, I should hope so!" Coach just bursts out laughing. He loved it!

This guy isn't hiding behind anything. I haven't seen any other coach at UNT who has made as much effort as he has to integrate himself as part of the UNT and Denton communities.

So on the men's side, maybe we're sitting on basketball Dodge/football Trilli (how the hell would you say that?), but this women's coach is doing great things. I think he might get us a win or two to boot!

• Upvote 3

Not sure what Pandora's box I opened here. Pardon me for giving a UNT coach a little praise.

This is par for the course here on the Basketball board. Expect more smart assery.

You-must-be-new-here2.jpg

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2