A few more UNT stats

JesseMartin

As of this week...

Derek Thompson is #19 in total passing yards. He is #30 in QBR.

Brelan Chancellor is #35 in receiving yards.

Chancellor is also #2 in punt return yards!

Nobody on our D has cracked the Top 40, mostly because they spread their love around in a very special way. And of course I mean that in the most evil way possible.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1

As for team stats...

Tied for #17 in interceptions

#28 in total offense

#3 in punt return yards...also #3 in average yards per punt

#23 in kickoff return yards

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1

Who in their right mind could say we'd have these stats through 3 games of OOC before this year started???

I think quite a few figured the defense would help keep things competitive and Brelan's return would provide a bit more on offense and special teams. But for the passing game and special teams to be this good, yeah, I agree, that's a pleasant surprise. When was the last time we had return stats like this...Ja'Mel (and even then I don't think it was nearly this high)? And I know we had some crazy passing with Dodge, but I'll take a solid game all around for a win over a zillion yards from Vizza in a loss. Fun to watch guys like that rack up the passes, but I prefer the scoreboard now versus then.

Not many on this forum.

I think you're judging this community based on your two weeks of being involved in it, and specifically the one week after our first loss of the year. Despite the negativity that surrounds it at times, 95% are good, committed fans who go into most seasons very optimistic, drinking the green cool-aid while wearing green shaded glasses.

New additions are always welcomed, but taking every opportunity to put everyone but yourself down is getting a little old.

Carry on.

• Upvote 2

I think you're judging this community based on your two weeks of being involved in it, and specifically the one week after our first loss of the year. Despite the negativity that surrounds it at times, 95% are good, committed fans who go into most seasons very optimistic, drinking the green cool-aid while wearing green shaded glasses.

New additions are always welcomed, but taking every opportunity to put everyone but yourself down is getting a little old.

Carry on.

Ah yes. Advancing one's own agenda while ridiculing opposing views. I'd say SSP is settling right in.

Riding the middle ground does not make for interesting message boards.