2014 HS - Jamuni McNease 6-8 , Post

NT03

High School - Allen,TX

AAU : Danny Granger DI Ambassadors

Rivals - McNease

AAU Page - D1Nation

He is a very athletic big with a long wing span. Already getting alot of interest from mid to high D1 schools. He’s been attending school in Illinois but has recently relocated to Allen TX with his dad. Another prospect moving into an already deep Dallas area talent pool

Current Offers - North Texas , La Tech, San Jose St , Montana St , SE Louisiana

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another guy that looks good in the dunk line but lacks offensive skills to help the program. Good shot blocker but too frail to bang with bigger post down low.

Of the local guys who have visited, I'd take: Jeremy Coombs (Dallas Carter) as my #1 target & Keenan Evans (Richardson B) as my 2nd choice.

Just my opinion

• Upvote 1

Another guy that looks good in the dunk line but lacks offensive skills to help the program. Good shot blocker but too frail to bang with bigger post down low.

Of the local guys who have visited, I'd take: Jeremy Coombs (Dallas Carter) as my #1 target & Keenan Evans (Richardson B) as my 2nd choice.

Just my opinion

That is a pretty reliable opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Commited to OU

How does one commit when they don't have an offer?

And if he is too frail to plat for UNT, how is it that the OU staff thinks he can play in the Big XII against the likes of Kansas, Kansas St. And Oklahoma a State? I don't understand...help me out here a bit...I don't follow recruiting like you guys do.

This seems odd.

How does one commit when they don't have an offer?

And if he is too frail to plat for UNT, how is it that the OU staff thinks he can play in the Big XII against the likes of Kansas, Kansas St. And Oklahoma a State? I don't understand...help me out here a bit...I don't follow recruiting like you guys do.

This seems odd.

That's just my opinion Kram. OU is not a top 25 basketball program and this kid does not help them move up. His other offers were from Utah, La Tech and UNT. He is a tremendous athlete but doesn't have an offensive game. (other than high flying dunks) I don't see him being effective at all against the programs you mentioned. Keep in mind that approx. 700 kids transfer every year due to over-signing. I'm going to place him on my "watch list" for the next couple of years.

• Upvote 1

That's just my opinion Kram. OU is not a top 25 basketball program and this kid does not help them move up. His other offers were from Utah, La Tech and UNT. He is a tremendous athlete but doesn't have an offensive game. (other than high flying dunks) I don't see him being effective at all against the programs you mentioned. Keep in mind that approx. 700 kids transfer every year due to over-signing. I'm going to place him on my "watch list" for the next couple of years.

Hey, thanks, Cooley. Just could not figure out how a guy "too frail" for CUSA and UNT could end up in the Big XII playing those teams. I had never thought of a kid as being "over-signed" as coaches have only so many schollys...why waste them? But, given that so many transfer, you have a great point. Like I said, I don't follow this recruiting stuff much at all. My only interest in them is when and if they play for UNT.

And, you are right, UNT doesn't need a high flying dunk artist. UNT needs basketball players with both an offensive and defensive game and a "want to" "can do" attitude. If there are such to be had...both O and D that is...HA!

Thanks, appreciate the info...between you and NT03 I get all the great stuff on recruiting without having to do the work. You two are great when it comes to this stuff, and I appreciate you guys.

Different terminology:

Over-signing

A kid that signs with a larger program but is not expected to contribute or be a star

Usually the best offer received. (i.e. Clarke Overlander)

Under-signing

A kid that signs with a smaller program but is expected to be a star. Usually has multiple

offers and from much larger programs. (i.e. Tony Mitchell)

Different terminology:

Over-signing

A kid that signs with a larger program but is not expected to contribute or be a star

Usually the best offer received. (i.e. Clarke Overlander)

Under-signing

A kid that signs with a smaller program but is expected to be a star. Usually has multiple

offers and from much larger programs. (i.e. Tony Mitchell Roger Franklin)

DUH! Fixed it for you.

Tony Mitchell did not try hard enough (to power through 3 defenders any time he touched the ball). He admitted it.

Roger Franklin had more enthusiasm (and usually fewer defenders)!!!!!

• Upvote 3

DUH! Fixed it for you.

Tony Mitchell did not try hard enough (to power through 3 defenders any time he touched the ball). He admitted it.

Roger Franklin had more enthusiasm (and usually fewer defenders)!!!!!

Yep...nailed it right on the head. Sure wish Roger was back.

Roger over-signed with OSU out of Duncanville. Despite his hustle, 6-4 power forwards wasn't going to cut it in the Big 12.

Exactly correct. That's why UNT was fortunate enough to sign him later. I do think if he had stayed at OSU he may have gotten a lot of time his last two seasons, but really happy he ended up with UNT. Great person too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...