transfer list from cBs

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Desperate ones like ours? Yes.

Suprise us all one of these days and find something positive to say about something...anything...just anything. This "all negative all the time" is really not the UNT90 I know. Trust me folks...it is not the real UNT90. That guy is a pretty positive guy. I know, hard to believe from posts in the last few months, but it is true...come on 90...where's that positive guy? You can do it...you can do it...yes...you can!

Ha! Just pulling your chain a tad!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I have only been coming to the site since about Sept. - Oct. and I don't think I have seen 1 positive post from UNTnegative, even the football threads. Could we vote this guy off the island? Improve by subtracting a negative yields a positive. I wish he would become a UT or UTA fan. I'll bet he kicks his dog. Now we can expect the negative blast that turns this thread negative like every other one on the site.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Suprise us all one of these days and find something positive to say about something...anything...just anything. This "all negative all the time" is really not the UNT90 I know. Trust me folks...it is not the real UNT90. That guy is a pretty positive guy. I know, hard to believe from posts in the last few months, but it is true...come on 90...where's that positive guy? You can do it...you can do it...yes...you can!

Ha! Just pulling your chain a tad!

When there is something to be positive about in this basketball program, I'll be positive.

5 days deep into Spring signing and no one signed yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have only been coming to the site since about Sept. - Oct. and I don't think I have seen 1 positive post from UNTnegative, even the football threads. Could we vote this guy off the island? Improve by subtracting a negative yields a positive. I wish he would become a UT or UTA fan. I'll bet he kicks his dog. Now we can expect the negative blast that turns this thread negative like every other one on the site.

I suggest you review my basketball posts in Sept or Oct. and you will find very positive posts.

Ever think the destruction of this basketball program may have something to do with my attitude?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think you bought ticket selling hype about "best team in NT history". The person who came up with that reminds me of the butterfly story. A butterfly is sitting on a tree and says "everyone says it's going to get cold. Well, I've been here my whole life and it has never been cold". I guarantee you the person who came up with that never saw the 69-70 team or the 75-76 or 76-77 teams. I don't think we had a single player from last year who could have started on the 75-76 team, which was briefly ranked in the top 20. When the statement was published I thought it was insulting to those teams, but for the butterfly he had no reference but maybe the last 15 years. I could agree with that, a possibility. I thought the season hinged on Overlander because we had no shooters. When did you ever see Tony make a move and say "Wow". His shot was a dunk. The guy from Lehigh outplayed him pitifully, so did Neighbors from UALR. Sometimes I think advertising can sell everything. If you would told anyone in 1970 that one of the top selling items in a grocery store in 2013 would be water, you would have got a reply of "crazy". You probably buy a lot of water.

And I don't think the program is destroyed. There will be games next year and I will attend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think you bought ticket selling hype about "best team in NT history". The person who came up with that reminds me of the butterfly story. A butterfly is sitting on a tree and says "everyone says it's going to get cold. Well, I've been here my whole life and it has never been cold". I guarantee you the person who came up with that never saw the 69-70 team or the 75-76 or 76-77 teams. I don't think we had a single player from last year who could have started on the 75-76 team, which was briefly ranked in the top 20. When the statement was published I thought it was insulting to those teams, but for the butterfly he had no reference but maybe the last 15 years. I could agree with that, a possibility. I thought the season hinged on Overlander because we had no shooters. When did you ever see Tony make a move and say "Wow". His shot was a dunk. The guy from Lehigh outplayed him pitifully, so did Neighbors from UALR. Sometimes I think advertising can sell everything. If you would told anyone in 1970 that one of the top selling items in a grocery store in 2013 would be water, you would have got a reply of "crazy". You probably buy a lot of water.

And I don't think the program is destroyed. There will be games next year and I will attend.

There will in fact be games next year, just not a lot of wins.

I guess you were right and all of the conference coaches who voted us unanimously to win the West division were wrong. If only you had posted those thoughts pre-season, you wouldn't seem like someone simply trying to justify an end result.

Which you do seem like.

• Upvote 1

Sure, we may have not had anywhere close to our best roster in history. Even so, we were predicted to win our division if not our conference . . . and we ended up being one of the worst teams in the nation. That form of disparity between expectations and performance in such a short amount of time is certainly cause for grave concern. Personally, I believe this is a rare situation in which negativity is warranted. I haven't had one person yet explain to me how what we witnessed from this past season is cause to believe next year will be a success. Having said that, I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about recruiting. In fact, I do like what I've seen and heard about Flash. Edited by Greendylan

And all those players in the 70's walked to the snake pit barefoot in the snow. Uphill...both ways.

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the board. I've tried this line of thinking with the usual suspects. All I can say is, "Good luck with all that."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1