http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21833469/hot-seat-index-sun-belt-conference

"North Texas: Tony Benford – Of all the new coaches taking over jobs this season, Benford might have had the most disappointing. With future pro Tony Mitchell leading the way, North Texas had expectations coming into the season – yet the Mean Green struggled with injuries en route to a 12-19 (7-13 in the Sun Belt) campaign. HOT SEAT INDEX: 4"

Edit: Meant to post this in the basketball forum if a mod can move it please.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 1

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21833469/hot-seat-index-sun-belt-conference

"North Texas: Tony Benford – Of all the new coaches taking over jobs this season, Benford might have had the most disappointing. With future pro Tony Mitchell leading the way, North Texas had expectations coming into the season – yet the Mean Green struggled with injuries en route to a 12-19 (7-13 in the Sun Belt) campaign. HOT SEAT INDEX: 4"

Edit: Meant to post this in the basketball forum if a mod can move it please.

The fact that his hot seat index is only 4 is disgraceful. I think it's fair to say that he would have already been fired at most mid-major schools.

• Upvote 1

The fact that his hot seat index is only 4 is disgraceful. I think it's fair to say that he would have already been fired at most mid-major schools.

You know, I've been thinking about something lately: I read a lot of opinions on this board that advocate avoiding "negativity." I actually think that utter complacency, even when facing the most dramatic and shocking disappointment, is the ultimate demonstration of negativity. To me, accepting the results of this basketball season and blindly, based on zero evidence whatsoever, assuming that next year will be much better, is the definition of negativity, even defeatism. This line of thinking assumes that we have no ability to improve to even a passable level and should just smile, gladly swallow whatever poison we're given, and then say "thank you" by opening up our wallets.

Positivity is declaring that we can and will be a serious, highly competitive Division I program and that any coach completely unable to accomplish this should be removed immediately.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, because we have that other guy who rebounds and blocks shots.

Mitchell went from a proposed 1st round draft choice last year to a 2nd team Sun Belt Conference player this year. He needs to play another year in college to improve his NBA profile,but he certainly won't accomplish that under Bedford.Just my opinion.

Mitchell went from a proposed 1st round draft choice last year to a 2nd team Sun Belt Conference player this year. He needs to play another year in college to improve his NBA profile,but he certainly won't accomplish that under Bedford.Just my opinion.

I agree on all of that. But we need him, even if just at a 2nd team level.

I agree on all of that. But we need him, even if just at a 2nd team level.

The point is that he doesn't need us. He went from pre-season 2nd team All American and perhaps a 1st round NBA draft choice to 2nd team all conference in the Belt. Another year with Bedford and he will be forgotten by NBA, if he hasn't been already. Too bad,as it looked like he had a bright future.