ESPN Blue Ribbon Preview

UNTstormchaser

ESPN finally released the insider-only Blue Ribbon Preview for the Sun Belt conference teams. As this is insider only, I'm not going to bother linking to it. However, once I get confirmation that it's okay, I'll copy/paste the entire thing here.

So, anyone in the know, is it allowed for me to do so? If it wasn't an insider thing, I wouldn't bother asking. But I feel like legally Blue Ribbon and/or ESPN could have something to say about it to me, and this site, if I were to just post the entire thing here. But, if I'm told by Harry or someone else that for sure knows if it's okay or not, that it is indeed okay to do, I'll post the whole thing here for all to see.

No never cut and paste paid content. It could get us in trouble. If its a free article you can provide a excerpt from the article and link to the rest. Look at a lot of my posts for examples.

Thank you for asking though and your thoughts on the article are your so feel free to post those if you wish! GMG!

No never cut and paste paid content. It could get us in trouble. If its a free article you can provide a excerpt from the article and link to the rest. Look at a lot of my posts for examples.

Thank you for asking though and your thoughts on the article are your so feel free to post those if you wish! GMG!

That's what I figured. Too bad, it actually did answer a lot of questions I had been seeing pop up in the basketball forums.

If anyone is an insider, here is the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8555940/north-texas Also, if you get ESPN Magazine, you can get ESPN insider for free (that's how I get it), so if you get it, and didn't know that..now you do.

If you were hoping for a fast paced offense under Benford, it seems as if you'll be in luck, as he mentions a few times how he likes the players he inherited because they fit the fast pace he likes to run. Praise for Mitchell is obviously there, but unlike most articles it actually goes in depth about other players as well (even mentions returning experienced size in Niko....).

Blue Ribbon previews provide a quick graded analysis at the end as well. This is done on a typical grading scale (A, B, C, D, F) with +'s and -'s (A-, C+). There is no distinction between lower level conference teams and higher ones; if a team sucks, they're going to get an F...if they're great, they'll get an A, regardless of the conference.

The 4 things they grade upon are Backcourt, Bench/Depth, Frontcourt, and Intangibles. In no particular order (but exactly the order you'd hope it'd be), we received grades of A, A, A+, A-.

Is it November 9 yet?

• Upvote 4