Quick Press Conference Notes - Brett Vito

Harry

Here are a few quick-hitters from today’s Dan McCarney press conference. I will have a video with Tevinn Cantly and Derek Thompson up in a bit.

– UNT will not have a special teams captain this week. UNT’s staff spent a whole lot of extra time on special teams this week after a tough outing against Kansas State. There should be a few new players out there this week.

– Johnny Quinn will be the honorary captain this week. Good dude. Very deserving.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/09/quick-press-conference-notes-4.html/

'Chad Polk should be ready to go this week (kind of a surprise)'

OMG are you serious Vito? a surprise? do you even know what a surprise is? this might have been a surprise had he had a broken coccyx... seriously... this guy needs to learn how to write... how come he is always surprised at how quickly UNT players recover and not the oppositions??!?!?!?!?! he clearly loves to downgrade the UNT talent and their ability to recover from injuries!

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 9

OMG are you serious Vito? a surprise? do you even know what a surprise is? this might have been a surprise had he had a broken coccyx... seriously... this guy needs to learn how to write... how come he is always surprised at how quickly UNT players recover and not the oppositions??!?!?!?!?! he clearly loves to downgrade the UNT talent and their ability to recover from injuries!

Gagree, Vito needs a reality check. I am blaming 2007-2009 solely on Brett Vito, and no longer on Todd Dodge.

• Upvote 3

Speaking of physical abuse, might want to interview LSU's QB. He was really not treated well by the Mean Green.

Ha. Yeah, I wonder if the trainer asked him to count how many fingers he was holding up and then realized that he was a LSU student and couldn't count them even before the blow to the head.

• Upvote 2

oh my bad... is this not the time we are supposed to be taking a dump on Vito?

I always forget we only pick and choose what we want to interpret, my bad...

hehehehe

• Upvote 4

Now that Lewis is officially redshirting we now have three running backs redshirting, with Jamarcus Jarvis and Reggie Peagram, and one grayshirting in Andrew Tucker. Not to mention Antoinne Jimmerson really emerging as a redshirt freshman and Brandin Byrd still being a junior. We appear to be very deep at running back.

• Upvote 1

Now that Lewis is officially redshirting we now have three running backs redshirting, with Jamarcus Jarvis and Reggie Peagram, and one grayshirting in Andrew Tucker. Not to mention Antoinne Jimmerson really emerging as a redshirt freshman and Brandin Byrd still being a junior. We appear to be very deep at running back.

I think Tucker will be playing a position other than RB.

• Upvote 1

I think Tucker will be playing a position other than RB.

I'm thinking that too, but I just wanted to include him to emphasize how many bodies we have that can contribute at running back. I have always liked jarvis and lewis better than tucker and rollins at running back so, while I love having them on the team, we definitely don't need them at running back as evidence by their position change/tbd position change.

I would put it more on the oline over the rbs.

Our success this year at running the ball for sure is on the o-line, and Jimmerson has broken a ton of tackles! I am a former o-lineman myself and even played in high school next to one of our freshman o-lineman so I love seeing how well they are playing. We are even deeper at o-line with three scholarship freshman redshirting and one redshirting in Kirby who may earn a scholarship pretty soon here, and oh by the way commitments from four 6'5" incoming high school freshman. Coach Mac getting DEPTH across the board.