What EXACTLY is Vito's Agenda?

Censored by Laurie

If Vito has an agenda, it's probably to move up to a bigger, better rag than the Record-Chronicle. Seems he's been stuck at the R-C a long time.

considering he still has a job as a reporter at a news paper that is still publishing that is a lot more than a lot of other sports reporters especially younger ones can say much less journalism majors hoping to be sports reporters

it is not like news papers across the country are hiring left and right especially for sports reporters and most of them are laying off staff or even shutting down

so I am sure BV would like to move up, but he will be plenty happy just to have a sports reporting job in the meantime

the funny thing about the agenda of the person posting this is if they get their probably wish and BV is gone from the DRC the coverage of north Texas athletics will probably decline to next to nothing because I doubt they would replace him

and it is not the job of a news paper reporter to carry the water for a program that is the job of the university and the supporters of the program.....there are reporters all over the USA that do much more harsh reports on their local programs all the time and their fans just brush it off because they are fans of a winning program that does not need to sweat what a reporter reports on their program week in and week out and even if their program is not winning they suck it up and realize that with poor performance comes less than glowing reports in the news because it is not the job of a reporter to blow smoke up peoples butts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

the funny thing about the agenda of the person posting this is if they get their probably wish and BV is gone from the DRC the coverage of north Texas athletics will probably decline to next to nothing because I doubt they would replace him

This just has to be one of the worst-written, confusing sentences I have ever read on GMG.com.

• Upvote 7

I like and support Brett Vito. What's the point in nitpicking journalists anyway? The man's doing his job and whatnot.

He's not supposed to be a cheerleader. He's just supposed to report the news on UNT sporting events, and write editorial/human interest type stories from time to time as well.

He does a good job, calling coaches and players and other newspapers and whatnot. I don't know what the hell else people expect?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1