I think the outdrew "The U" in our game against...

Speaking of the "U", that is what they call the University of Utah. My oldest daughter is a freshman there. She was at the BYU rival game last night that had a crazy ending.

She called me in Houston at 1:00 am. I woke up thinking what is wrong, my nightmare is for something to happen to her and I am so far away. She blurts out something about being on the field and what a great ending to the game. I was relieved yet happy for her to have such a great memory of a great college game. if you watched the game or have seen video, due to the students (Muss) and players rushing the field after a blocked field goal at the end , BYU got another shot and because of the penalty another 15 yards closer to the 36. Well after much confusion and time to get the fans off the field and the next attempt hit the crossbar and missed. Fans go crazy again.

If you are not aware of the Muss (mighty utah student section) is has been rated by espn as top student fan section. I had never heard of them till she went there. You have to join (limited #) for like 10.00. That includes a t-shirt and all tailgate grub for each home game. Very organized and sounds like a great idea. Fraternities and Sororities are not big at Utah.

Last night she texted me a pic of a script that was handed out to all muss. At one point prior to game they united to make a mass of a "red sea". At one point a utah fan dressed up as BYU mascot ran into the crowd. The red sea parted and then the group submerged on the mascot for a Moses experiance. Very scripted pre game event to pump up the crowd.

Yes the NTX game outdrew Miami but the Miami tickets were priced at $75 and $85 compared to much less for NTX. The 11:00 AM start was a factor too. Last I heard there were about 800 unsold tickets for Miami.

And. yet, even for early starts, the Bamas and OUs and Michigans and Tennessees of the world are able to sell out...yes, even with high ticket prices and playing crappy schools like Western Carolina, UMass, and Florida A&M.

Rabid Miami fans are just...so few in number.