Vito think T.J. Taylor decision close

Harry

I checked in with a few different people to see where T.J. Taylor, the former Oklahoma/Marquette guard, stands in terms of deciding where to continue his college career.

Shelli Taylor, T.J.’s mother, said that he was not in town and didn’t give me much more than that.

There is a sense from talking to other people close to the situation that Taylor will land somewhere in the next few days, and that UNT makes more sense than anywhere else. Taylor needs and wants to stay close to his home in Denison. UNT fits that need perfectly.

It also doesn’t hurt that new UNT head coach Tony Benford recruited Taylor when he was at Marquette.

I have mentioned this before, but Taylor would be a perfect fit at UNT, which could use another perimeter shooter to go along with Brandan Walton. UNT would like to see Jordan Williams take more of his shots inside the 3-point arc, Chris Jones and P.J. Hardwick are going to be handling the ball a lot and Clarke Overlander might not be quite ready to be on the floor for 20 minutes a game.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/07/tuesday-morning-t-j-taylor-update.html/