VERBAL - 2013 JUCO - Anthony Norris - 6'7" SF

NT03

One more thing, In Vegas, we played and beat the Perry Jones III-led AAU team and played the team Terrence Jones played on and Anthony was one of the bright spots in both games. Anthony held his own.

www.nmforce.com

Thanks for the info

How is McFarland's game ? Would you consider him a HM prospect ?

Damontre McFarland has huge upside. Right now I see him as a MM+ level kid. He's a beast on the boards and finishes well around the basket. He's also a big-time shot blocker. He's still developing a mid-range game. He's long, athletic, strong and runs the floor very well. He's taking summer school classes and he will attend Kingdom Christan Academy in Georgia his senior year. He's working hard to get his classes in order. If he can put everything together and as he matures more he could develop into a HM level player.

www.nmforce.com

• Upvote 2

You can expect a kid who is coachable. He is going to give Coach Benford 100%. He is long, athletic, and a high flyer. Anthony excels as a slasher and he can knock down the 3 pt shot. He rebounds well. He can cause matchup problems with his length, athleticism and size as he can take guys off the dribble from the perimeter or knock down the jumper (has great elevation), as well as take his guy inside. He is a very good passer and he excels in an uptempo style.

Great info really appreciate you sharing that! Excited to see him play.

You are getting a real good one in Anthony! He played for me with NM Force for 3 years and he has the tools and ability, if he works hard all of the time, to be a special player for UNT and play beyond College. Coach Benford did an oustanding job building a relationship with Anthony over the last 2-3 years.

www.nmforce.com

I saw anthony play in houston a couple of years ago. he is very athletic and unt has a roster of athletes who could be at high majors. best of luck to anthony.

Your website is very impressive. I am not coaching AAU this season but may need to talk to you about fund raising/ads and other ideas from your website in case we decide to do it again next summer.

The Wheatley game was the official coming-out party for junior Anthony Norris. The 6-foot-7 swingman, a move-in from Hobbs, N.M., dropped in 41 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists against the Wildcats.

“Anthony might be the most talented player we've ever had at Sam Houston. People have been talking about him from the moment he stepped on campus,” Peterson said. “I'm biased, but I think might be the best player in Houston. He's got the skills to average 30 points a game. He can shoot the ball, he's creative and he can score from anywhere on the court.”

Read more: http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/heights-news/article/Boys-basketball-Sam-Houston-up-for-encore-1731030.php

That's a photo of our very own TMitch about to dunk on him.

That is from the Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Houston 2010. I was at that event and Tony dominated like no HS player I have ever seen over a 2 game span. After that event I thought Tony might be the best HS player in America.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4699976

Standout players

Tony Mitchell, PF/SF (6-8, 215)

Mitchell was simply terrific, displaying high-level athletic ability on both ends of the floor. He finished around the basket with power dunks on clear paths and in traffic. He rebounded at rim level in and out of his area on a consistent basis. Mitchell also is an excellent ball handler for his size and is great pushing the ball after pulling down a defensive rebound. He is a threat to go coast to coast if not brought under control by the transition defense. When Mitchell was not looking into the rim on one of his many dunks, he hit the midrange jumper with needed time and space. He also posted smaller defenders and elevated over them with ease to score in the lane. Mitchell can run the floor like a gazelle, and on defense, he has the speed, quickness and lateral movement to guard the 2, 3 or 4 position. He must add strength and work to extend his shooting range, but this live-body forward will keep Tigers fans on their feet with his high-wire act. He was by far the best player this weekend.

Edited by bono

That is from the Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Houston 2010. I was at that event and Tony dominated like no HS player I have ever seen over a 2 game span. After that event I thought Tony might be the best HS player in America.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4699976

Standout players

Tony Mitchell, PF/SF (6-8, 215)

Mitchell was simply terrific, displaying high-level athletic ability on both ends of the floor. He finished around the basket with power dunks on clear paths and in traffic. He rebounded at rim level in and out of his area on a consistent basis. Mitchell also is an excellent ball handler for his size and is great pushing the ball after pulling down a defensive rebound. He is a threat to go coast to coast if not brought under control by the transition defense. When Mitchell was not looking into the rim on one of his many dunks, he hit the midrange jumper with needed time and space. He also posted smaller defenders and elevated over them with ease to score in the lane. Mitchell can run the floor like a gazelle, and on defense, he has the speed, quickness and lateral movement to guard the 2, 3 or 4 position. He must add strength and work to extend his shooting range, but this live-body forward will keep Tigers fans on their feet with his high-wire act. He was by far the best player this weekend.

I am really interested to see what Mitchell can do this year with, hopefully, a full compliment of teammates. I really think we will see a dominating performance, especially in the conference schedule.

And throw in a little motion offense....

• Upvote 1