Skladany's Defense

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Skladany can do with this defense. Bowen did a solid job turning the defense around last year and I think with that foundation in place Skladany will be able to take the group to the next level.

He seems to be a great teacher and has a ton of experience and knowledge under his belt. Here are a few videos of his philosophies/scheme as well as a UCF defense highlight reel from last year.

http://youtu.be/QIGR2m8Os6g

Some of our defensive positions may not be as deep as we'd like, but I think that with Skladany's experience and coaching skills we'll be able to take another big step in the right direction.

Will it be enough to get us to 7 wins?

His personality at his initial press conference certainly wasn't what I was expecting. He seemed more like he should be retired and living in Florida. From all accounts he's a heck of a coach and we should be thrilled to have him as DC.

I have heard that his field personality is something quite different than what you saw in his presser.