Sun Belt Basketball Tournament Ticket Books on sale

GreenBat

Important notes to keep in mind:

Individual schools (at least, they have in the past) are issued an allotment of ticket packs to sell. Prices on these vary wildly... One year, UNO was selling books at $50 while some schools were charging more than double that. Anyone planning on attending and purchasing a ticket book should wait for our athletics department to announce their offering. Why buy from the conference instead of through North Texas, especially if the conference books wind up costing more money?

Valid student IDs grant free admission (or at least, they have for the past 2 years). If you have a current student ID... You don't need to buy tickets for SBC tournament games. Your tuition at a Sun Belt school is your ticket.

This year, even if you DO plan on attending every single session (8 total- 4 each for the men and women), the full books are not a good deal. Individual session tickets are $15... Meaning that if you just bought 8 session tickets at individual face value, you'd be paying $120. Meanwhile, the SBC is charging $128. If you just want to see men's games, or you just want to buy tickets when North Texas has a team playing... The books are an even worse deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

And, with personal finance power hour sermon completed- I'm glad to see they reworked the Men's bracket so that the top 5 seeds (regardless of division) earn byes. Seems like the fairest way to seed the field given that ULM can't participate.

• 2 months later...

Bought my two from the UNT Ticket Office last week...$90/each! Seems like a decent deal to me given I'll be watching both the UNT men and women and perhaps a few other games as well.

See you in Hot Springs!

• Upvote 3

It's smack in the middle of track season for me, but is it worth it to come for the weekend only?

I would say "YES" indeed it is.....heck, with a bye UNT may not even play Saturday...men or women...so, Sunday and Monday and Tuesday could do the trick...we'll see how that goes by season end.

Hope to see you in Hot Springs....FUN TIMES INDEED!