If NT gets the CUSA invite

GreenBat

Here are the schedules and attendence for five home games for the Conf. USA school in Dallas and the

SunBelt school in Denton. That is a difference of less than 3,000(2,733) fans per game.

UTEP 26,691

Northwestern State 20,083

UCF 22,932

Tulane 20,106

Navy 21,080

average--22,178

Houston 28,075

Indiana 21,181

FAU 13,142

ULM 17,815

WKU 17,011

average--19,445

difference--2,733

I'm not sure what Apogee holds, but I know it's around 30,000. If NT gets into CUSA, it should average

around 22,000, which is what SMU averages. Take away 5,000 for the students, that is 17,000 available

tickets. Figuring $15 per ticket that is $255,000 NT would make off ticket sales alone. This doesn't

include any parking money, concession money or merchandise money.

I believe there are only 5 home games scheduled for 2012. That would generate $1,275,000 from the gate

for the season. I would think it takes at least $1,000,000 per year for the athletic department to meet

its budget. Sellout 30,000 seats, that's $1,875,000 per game.

These are just raw numbers, discuss.

There is no way the SMU-UCF game had 22k attendance. I saw that game and if lucky, there were 12k people in the stands.

That is the official attendence reported. I just am giving the numbers that were reported. But I know how SMU does attendence.

I don't mean to make anyone less happy about the programs future, but I don't feel very confident we will be moving up.

There's a good chance that CUSA will either stick with the 9 they have, or invite eastern schools. If we get stuck, it's really going to be a test of the true fan base. I'm sure a lot of people's support will fizzle, but we have some good players in place to be good in the SBC over the next couple of years.

I don't mean to make anyone less happy about the programs future, but I don't feel very confident we will be moving up.

There's a good chance that CUSA will either stick with the 9 they have, or invite eastern schools. If we get stuck, it's really going to be a test of the true fan base. I'm sure a lot of people's support will fizzle, but we have some good players in place to be good in the SBC over the next couple of years.

If that's the case then so be it. Our main focus is to win and perhaps dominate a conference like the belt. If we do that then I am confident we can sell at least 25K each game against Sunbelt schools. I'm at a point where I almost don't care what any other school or conference does. We need to clean shit out of our own ass first and then we things will began to fall our way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Anyone want to bet that if we get into CUSA, there will be threads complaining about playing UAB, Marshall and ECU instead of regional opponents local people care about?

True, but if CUSA gets 12 then we'll be in a division where we'll be playing fewer of those eastern schools and have Rice, Tulsa, UTEP year after year.

At this stage no one knows but I just feel fairly confident that we are in CUSA or the MWC on the next realignment.

The reason won't be our improvement in record or big increase in attendance although there was movement in the right direction on both. It will mainly be due to market, size, location, facilities and financial commitment. The only potential candidate in CUSA with better qualifications than us would be Temple. La Tech has a better winning tradition but is pretty far behind in the other categories except attendance. We have had the larger crowds but a lower average. We would be #1 in the Mountain West based on those categories. Basketball would be a plus for us except against Temple in CUSA and Utah State in the MWC. It's not so much that we are great as it is that others are not exceptional.

• Upvote 1