utsa

wardly

Depends -

If it was the first game of the season - 23K

If it was the second game of the season - 19K

If we were 1-4 - 16K

If we were 1-4 and it was threatening rain - 15K

If we were 1-4 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the playoffs- - 14K

If we were 1-4 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the playoffs and it was Texas/OU - 12K

If we were 0-6 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the World Series and it was Texas/OU- 10K

If we were 0-6 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the World Series and it was Texas/OU and it was halloween-8K

If we were 0-11 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the World Series and it was Texas/OU and it was halloween and the Cowboys had a press conference and there was a race at Texas Motor Speedway - 5K

If we were 0-11 and it was threatening rain and the Rangers were in the World Series and it was Texas/OU and it was halloween and the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl and there was a race at Texas Motor Speedway and FC Dallas was in MLS Cup and the Stars were in the Stanley CUP - Negative 2K

If we were 11-0 and we were in the SWC and SMU just got the death penalty and Bacone was located in Denton and they were also our natural rival for 50 years and no other sporting event was happening in the US - 31,850.

Great ... but someone has way too much time :goodjob:

i think it would be in our interest to develope a home and home in 3rd largest market in texas. plus i also think that if houston moves to big east and smu does not, that cusa replaces them with utsa. that would give cusa a school in 4 of largest markets in texas; dfw,houston,san antonio, and el paso. just an old man's opinion.

Yea, I get that. But, posting it in it's own thread when one is already going isn't going to change the fact that they aren't on our schedule. It sounds like you should write the Athletic Director.

I'm more concerned that we can't hang with Houston, Tulsa, SMU, TCU, UTEP. I have the biggest bag of "don't care" whether UTSA is on our schedule or not.

• Upvote 1

I think this - San Antonio has done a great job supporting the Spurs. They hired a name coach right off the bat. I think they will support UTSA football.

Larry Coker has been around a long time and doesn't seem like a guy with alot of enemies in the business. The opponents they have will draw. Some schools may be accustomed for going down there for the Alamo Bowl.

It's a natural tourist city as well. Just an overall good draw with a travel package for any school's fans. I'm actually surprised UTSA didn't do this thing 20 or 30 years ago.

I'd love a rivalry with them.

Eventually we should try to schedule every team in Texas on a regular basis, but for right now we should avoid WAC schools like UTSA, TXST, LA Tech, and NMSU.

I know CUSA/MWC is goal number 1, but if we can't do that we should build the Belt. And we don't help the Belt by playing those schools. Let those schools stay isolated, and waste their budgets traveling across the country. Let those schools have to play body-bag games because their conference does nothing for them.

We need two to get to twelve, and any of those four would work. Don't put money in their pocket until they are ready to be in the 12 team Sun Belt.

• Upvote 1

Eventually we should try to schedule every team in Texas on a regular basis, but for right now we should avoid WAC schools like UTSA, TXST, LA Tech, and NMSU.

I know CUSA/MWC is goal number 1, but if we can't do that we should build the Belt. And we don't help the Belt by playing those schools. Let those schools stay isolated, and waste their budgets traveling across the country. Let those schools have to play body-bag games because their conference does nothing for them.

We need two to get to twelve, and any of those four would work. Don't put money in their pocket until they are ready to be in the 12 team Sun Belt.

You're right.

The only way we should be scheduling them every year is by them being in our conference.

I think it would put just as much money in UNT's pocket. I am more interested in it putting W's in UNT's pocket. These teams are incredibly weak, especially UTSA , they would be layups for UNT. A win is not easy to come by and this would go along way to keeping UNT bowl eligible year in year out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1