De'Andrew Lewis

ntmeangreen11

Never heard of him before tonight, and he started?

Looks like he has decent speed from what I saw. I'm gonna re-watch the game tomorrow and try and get a little more insight on him. Anyone else notice #93?

EDIT: Watched the first 5 mins or so of the game. Last night Antonio Johnson started at LT, Ybarbo at LG, and Lemon at RG. That's 3 freshman starting on the o-line who actually played pretty decent tonight all things considered. With Cam and Boone Feldt coming in next season, we'll have 3 sophmores with a season under their belt, sophmore transfer Cam Feldt coming in who could be a game changer, and Boone Feldt also coming in as a freshman who might be ready to contribute immediately. That means most likely 4 sophmores and a freshman on the o line next season. I'm not sure that they'll be the best of the belt next season, but in 2013, we should really, really have one hell of an o line. :goodjob:

Edited by ntmeangreen11

Never heard of him before tonight, and he started?

Looks like he has decent speed from what I saw. I'm gonna re-watch the game tomorrow and try and get a little more insight on him. Anyone else notice #93?

EDIT: Watched the first 5 mins or so of the game. Last night Antonio Johnson started at LT, Ybarbo at LG, and Lemon at RG. That's 3 freshman starting on the o-line who actually played pretty decent tonight all things considered. With Cam and Boone Feldt coming in next season, we'll have 3 sophmores with a season under their belt, sophmore transfer Cam Feldt coming in who could be a game changer, and Boone Feldt also coming in as a freshman who might be ready to contribute immediately. That means most likely 4 sophmores and a freshman on the o line next season. I'm not sure that they'll be the best of the belt next season, but in 2013, we should really, really have one hell of an o line. :goodjob:

Agree with you about the young guys on the O line....think we have lots of potential with those guys. As to #93.....that was Brandon McCoy (we have two #93s on our roster).

• Upvote 3

I think Mac is playing the younger guys as he sees it as a way to build experience for the next few years. Next year we will have experienced O-lineman coming back. We will have multiple qbs with experience. This will pay dividends down the line. It's gonna take time for Mac to build this team but he is laying the foundation by playing his guys early to get them them the game reps they need now. Listen, these freshman could be redshifted and grow and mature through a year of practice but there is no substitute for game experience. Period. It may be painful in the short term but it will be worth it.

• Upvote 3