Know Thy Enemy... Coach Cristobal Interview

All About UNT

"The Sun Belt conference, you know there is a lot of parity"

Mr. Vito, are you listening?

This one is even better. He gives our returning talent quite a bit of props and knows (unlike most of his fanbase) the situation revolving around last year's victory over us:

Using a 4th string QB with no exp

Todd Dodge coaching his deadline game

Player attrition and lack of starters with exp

TD just not figuring out how to effectively use LD yet (an obvious difference from his snaps under Chico)

the list (excuses) goes on for a bit but none of that matters come Thursday and Mario knows that.

What don't you understand? He was the Sun Belt Coach of the Year at what I consider to be mostly an afterthought of a university.

And I'm hoping for a win.

If you need in in Spanish, I can do that, too.

Not the first line.

What about being nationally broadcast online is not television to you?

(in English, por favor)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a telecast audio/video signal. I'm just not seeing the difference. Especially when the cable signals (TV and internet) are over the same wiring.

If you like via the big screen and not on a PC monitor, there are many cables that can do that for you.

The difference is people won't stumble upon it nationally. If it were nationally televised I could go to the bar of my choosing and ask them to turn it on... as it is their provider must have access to ESPN3 and you have to convince them to plug a laptop into one of their screens. Watching at home with laptop plugged into TV, while much better than not watching at all, is not the same nationally televised.

The difference is people won't stumble upon it nationally. If it were nationally televised I could go to the bar of my choosing and ask them to turn it on... as it is their provider must have access to ESPN3 and you have to convince them to plug a laptop into one of their screens. Watching at home with laptop plugged into TV, while much better than not watching at all, is not the same nationally televised.

Well there are other non-online feeds that are available on certain providers, say DirectTV versus Charter (The Versus network comes to mind). So, in that sense, the bar has to have that specific network or you won't stumble upon it.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Well there are other non-online feeds that are available on certain providers, say DirectTV versus Charter (The Versus network comes to mind). So, in that sense, the bar has to have that specific network or you won't stumble upon it.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

I don't wanna argue against you as I'm more than excited to get to watch at all. I just don't see the internet feed stream as comparable to nationally televised.

It's a telecast audio/video signal. I'm just not seeing the difference. Especially when the cable signals (TV and internet) are over the same wiring.

If you like via the big screen and not on a PC monitor, there are many cables that can do that for you.

I think you just feel like arguing.

I got a cable. We'll plug it into the TV. I'll be overwhelmed with joy. Absolutely no other college football fan outside of FIU and UNT is going to do that.

Therefore, I'd hardly call it nationally televised. More like nationally available.

So if I hook up my TV to watch YouTube on the internet, does that make it nationally televised?

So if I hook up my TV to watch YouTube on the internet, does that make it nationally televised?

If we were talking about a live broadcast, why not? But, that's not what YouTube is.

I have some friends who have dropped their cable TV signal completely to live off Hulu and Netflix through their TV box. It is much cheaper, and works just as well if not better.

I don't have a definition for you. The internet is challenging the way we think about television. That's all I am saying. And pretty soon - if not already - bars will have cable boxes and PC boxes connected to their tubes, and we won't be able to tell the difference.

I'm pretty bored with this topic. No one has really given me something convincing; merely "It just doesn't feel the same." which sounds like a lotta "Get off mah porch" mantras thrown around here regarding our program and Fry.

Thanks for your replies.