UNT Apogee Gameday Traffic Map

ColoradoEagle

SO...I was planning a little "backdoor action". I have scouted driving up from Richardson via Bush and I-35, cutting south at 377 to a road that winds around to the west and intersects Bonnie Brae about a mile south of the tennis center. Then I planned to come north on Bonnie Brae and enter at the tennis center to get to the Victory lot.

The map implies that I won't be allowed to do that. Are you kiddin' me?!!! :ass:

• Upvote 2

You will not be allowed to leave the parking area and then come back in.

Oh, so the drop-off point is not in the parking lot?

With the traffic patterns that have been defined...you will only have access to the drop-off if your particular route happens to go past the drop-off?

As someone else stated, I think everything's up in the air until the AD releases some instructions. I'm confident they will.

Game Day traffic routing was done by the NT Police, not the Ath. Dept.. NT Police believes this is the best patterns for all lots? Not so sure myself, but if you have any complaints I would start there.

I expect traffic to back up on northbound I-35E unless they are going to try to keep traffic along the frontage road constantly moving. If they rely on the traffic signals to control the traffic flow at the McCormick exit, it won't be pretty.

I foresee more of the same on I-35E northbound at the Bonnie Brae/I-35W southbound exit since that will handle blue/green/yellow lot traffic.

Arriving at the stadium less than 2 hours before kick-off will likely not be a fun experience.

Can anyone tell me where the handicap parking will be. When I got my season ticket no one

could tell me where it would be.

Scrappyman 1

I'm not sure if this helps or not (from the FAQ on Facebook):

ADA/Handicapped parking; where can I park and how close to Apogee Stadium can I get?

Handicap parking is available on a first-come, first served basis throughout campus. Handicapped pickup service will be available at Fouts Field for those needing ADA assistance on one additional accompanying person.

Sounds like the best bet would be parking at the handicap spots at Fouts.