Video Board Size

I set out today to find out the true dimensions of the video board during seat selection (actually my parents seat selection, but I did join the MGC to get my first priority points :) )

While none of the people I asked knew the actually footage for the dimensions, It was reaffirmed that it would be the third biggest in Texas (which means at least 1500 sq. ft.). One staff member did say he though it was somewhere around 40' X 60', which would be much bigger than most of us thought. That would put us at 2400sq.ft (which would be #1 in the SBC by 800sq.ft., and bigger than the new SMU board by nearly 1,000sq.ft.).

After the selection I went out onto the deck, and the area in between the pillars appears to be AT LEAST three goal posts wide, and closer to 3.5. This would put the width of the board between 55' and 65'.

Sorry for the long post, I just figured I would give an update. :)

EDIT: By the way, the secondary video board in the wingzoe corner actually looks pretty impressive. It doesn't apppear to be much smaller than the video board we currently have at Fouts.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 5

I set out today to find out the true dimensions of the video board during seat selection (actually my parents seat selection, but I did join the MGC to get my first priority points :) )

While none of the people I asked knew the actually footage for the dimensions, It was reaffirmed that it would be the third biggest in Texas (which means at least 1500 sq. ft.). One staff member did say he though it was somewhere around 40' X 60', which would be much bigger than most of us thought. That would put us at 2400sq.ft (which would be #1 in the SBC by 800sq.ft., and bigger than the new SMU board by nearly 1,000sq.ft.).

After the selection I went out onto the deck, and the area in between the pillars appears to be AT LEAST three goal posts wide, and closer to 3.5. This would put the width of the board between 55' and 65'.

Sorry for the long post, I just figured I would give an update. :)

Good info as always Matt. Thanks for sharing!! GMG!

The video board is 50' across. They took all the fences down, so I just went out and measured it today. In a different thread, someone seemed to think that the squares they assembled the board frame with were 8' X 8'. That could still be correct, but my measurement turned out at exactly 50'. Lets explore both scenarios.

Scenario 1: The sqares are 8' X 8'. The board is 48' X 32' for a total of 1536 sq.ft. That is good for 3rd in Texas, and 2nd in the Sun Belt (if you count the 500 sq.ft. of video advertising space on the new ULM video board).

Scenario 2: The board is exactly 50' across. That would make the height of the board 33'4", and the total square footage 1,667. That is good for 3rd in Texas 1st in the SBC.

Either way, it is legit.

• Upvote 3