Report: Aston's Buyout A Large One

RV better hope this hire turns out well. His last two major hires have cost the Athletic Department 1/4 million + in buyouts of incomplete contracts and now another $100K here.

Interesting on Schaefer if true, figure he will be called by some bigger schools though.

Edited by untbowler

I'm trilled with Aston's hire, if true. At least RV went and acquired a proven coach with WINNING record at D1 level and trips to the dance. To top that off Aston has been part of the UNT program in the past and other assistance coaching experience with proven winning BCS school's. :thumbsu:

Once this is done RV can give his full attention to JJ's contract. :goodjob:

Edited by UNTMike81

I usually know everything and say even more, but I need some clarity.

Coach has a contract currently in force. She quits -- isn't fired. Contract contains a $100,000 buyout. This is reported in news stories without explanation, as if everyone knows what that means.

Confusion ensues. Who pays whom $100,000?

UNT has to pay Charlotte 100 g's ?

I usually know everything and say even more, but I need some clarity.

Coach has a contract currently in force. She quits -- isn't fired. Contract contains a $100,000 buyout. This is reported in news stories without explanation, as if everyone knows what that means.

Confusion ensues. Who pays whom $100,000?

UNC-Charlotte receives the money. I think the coach has to pay it but usually the school hiring the coach pays it for them ... I think.