POST SEASON HONORS

ssegal

Mean Green Softball Recruits MEDINA, CRANMER, and VEGA named to the Arizona Community College (ACCAC) Women's All-Conference Teams.

First Team

Sonia Medina - Phoenix College - Catcher

Stephanie Cranmer - Arizona Western College - Outfielder

Second Team

Ana Vega - Central Arizona College - Infielder

Great news Coach Segal. Quick question, what is the player connection that we have with Arizona? Is it just a coincidence that all three are from that state or do you have some ties there? Does Arizona play some good junior college ball?

It appears that you are assembling some terrific players to kick-off the first season. I've been impressed with the position players in both hitting and fielding. But we all know that great teams have great pitchers. Can you give us a little rundown on the pitchers that you have signed?

hi harry-

I would like to think that I have some ties with the junior college programs in AZ, as well as in the nation...

I believe that AZ has the best JUCO softball in the nation... We will soon find out....

Each of these young ladies are coached by well-disciplined, high expectation coaches that are extremely successful having ALL won national championships!

I can not wait to see some Mean Green base/softball. I am passionate about the great game, but love ANY sport more if I have some Mean Green to pull for!

Coach S, will there be a fall schedule, or is softball mostly a spring sport? How sad is it that an ardent fan of a major University's sports program doesn't know if base or soft ball is played in the Fall?

Hi UNTcampbell

The Mean Green softball team will play a brief fall schedule that will ALL count as scrimmages. No score will be kept, stats, etc...

Sept. 26-28 @ Hall of Fame Tournament , Oklahoma City

Oct 4-5 NORTH TEXAS FALL SCRAMBLE, DENIA PARK ( Come watch!!!)

Oct 12-13 @ Spring Klein Collegiate Classic, Houston