Johnny Quinn Has A New Website

UNTflyer

"Bobsled" and "Athlete" don't go together. I think playing Wii makes me as much an athlete as your average bobsledder. Don't get me started on curling....

I don't know if you've ever watched a bobsled race but it is a little more involved than that. They have to sprint almost 50 meters pushing the sled before hopping in. It is not as simple as sitting in a rollercoaster and letting gravity do its thing. Most of the guys are very athletic and some are former collegiate athletes.

"Bobsled" and "Athlete" don't go together. I think playing Wii makes me as much an athlete as your average bobsledder. Don't get me started on curling....

Congratulations son, your an idiot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Interesting choice of Scripture.

Glad he's doing well with the bobsled thing, but I'm still holding out hope I'm going to see him catch a football on Sundays.

Life is suffering

I don't know if you've ever watched a bobsled race but it is a little more involved than that. They have to sprint almost 50 meters pushing the sled before hopping in. It is not as simple as sitting in a rollercoaster and letting gravity do its thing. Most of the guys are very athletic and some are former collegiate athletes.

Y'all are a sensative lot aren't you? Okay, there is some small degree of athletism, but let's not pretend it's in the same universe as most summer sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Other than your ridiculous stance on curling, I support you. If these people knew anything about the bob they'd realize that the trend in bobsledding these days is towards fatter and fatter dudes.

Stay hard brutha.

Bobsledding teams are made up of some of the strongest, fastest and best fit individuals on the planet, especially the sprinters. I spoke with JQ at the KState game. Johnny got his foot in the door for a tryout through contacts he made while training at the MIcheal Johnson training center. He tried out but got cut at first. Then got a last second call to fill in because another sprinter showed up at a race 15lbs over weight. So JQ hopped on a plane and competed as a reservist and his team finished third for that race. This was just the break he needed.

There's only two tracks in north America, with 8 races per year so your window of opportunity is very small for this sport and The Mighty Quinn made it count when he had to.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

Bobsledding teams are made up of some of the strongest, fastest and best fit individuals on the planet

No..no it's not. Don't get me wrong. I actually like to watch bobsledding. I'm not saying it is easy. I imagine it takes a ton of timing and practice and skill. I'm not saying it's not a sport. I'm sure it's great if your bobsledders are very athletic since every hundredth of a second counts. But to say that the most athletic individuals in the world do bobsled is absurd. JQ was a great football player for us and a great athlete, but he is no Carl Lewis. He is no Michael Phelps. Not even close. That's not a knock. I hope he does well. But it is largely a skill sport, not an athletic sport.

(I was actually just being snarky at first, but now I feel I must defend my position for stubbornness sake.)

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Downvote 2