Site Shows North Texas At Tulsa Oct. 1

NT80

Not sure is this has already been posted. FBSchedules.com is now showing our game at Tulsa on Oct.1, 2011 and the OOC games are all set. Unless we open on the road against an SBC team Sept 3 then the season opener will also be the home opener Sept. 10 against Houston...

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-11/sun-belt/2011-north-texas-mean-green-football-schedule.php

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure is this has already been posted. FBSchedules.com is now showing our game at Tulsa on Oct.1, 2011 and the OOC games are all set. Unless we open on the road against an SBC team Sept 3 then the season opener will also be the home opener Sept. 10 against Houston...

http://www.fbschedul...ll-schedule.php

I'm almost positive that's why we backed out of our scheduled game with Tennessee. Administration really wanted to make our first game of the season, the stadium openener.

I'd have rather gone to Tennessee than Bama, but that might be a cool road trip come early Fall.

Just wait a couple months for the official release from the athletic department.

They could have just changed in off a rumor. FBSchedules.com has stuff like that happens all the time.

Confirmation from the Tulsa newspaper the game is 10/01...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/TU/article.aspx?subjectid=94&articleid=20110131_94_0_Tulsaw265833

That's a home game for UH - I wonder if it will be played at Robertson Stadium, or moved to Reliant Stadium. If it's at Robertson, there's another hole shot in the theory that big name teams won't play in a 30,000-seat stadium.

Interesting - UCLA will then play at Rice in 2012. Another school wanting to recruit the state more.

Edited by Stix

This is a great schedule! Three possible wins with Houston, Indiana, and Tulsa; only one money game at Alabama.

I'd love for us to stick an FCS game in on September 3, just to get warmed up and see where we need polish before Houston hits town, but that's probably wishful thinking by now.

Especially because we already have 12 games scheduled.

• Upvote 1

Especially because we already have 12 games scheduled.

Boise State played a 13 game schedule in 2009, including 1 FCS school: Boise State 2009 Schedule

I think the bigger problem is how hyped the Houston game has been. To add an FCS game in front of it would just be kind of a strange thing to do at this point in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boise State played a 13 game schedule in 2009, including 1 FCS school: Boise State 2009 Schedule

I think the bigger problem is how hyped the Houston game has been. To add an FCS game in front of it would just be kind of a strange thing to do at this point in my opinion.

Hawaii opponents get another game if they want it. Everyone else can only have 12 regular season game.

• Upvote 1

2 conference USA schools, a Big Ten school and an SEC school.

That's a tremendous job on Rick's behalf.

I think this is a great schedule and having Houston and IU as our 2 OOC home games was tremendous as well.

Opening the season with Houston and our stadium opener is a calculated risk that I hope pays off for us. We'll have an extra week of preparation on Houston, as they open up on the 3rd against UCLA at home.

Interesting to look at some of the future schedules as well:

2014: At Texas wk 1, home against SMU wk 2, and then at Army unscheduled and Home against Tulsa unscheduled. That could be an interesting yr to say the least.

Edited by FloMoGrad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1