Unt Basketball 2010-2011

emmitt01

Its amazing how you can beat LSU on the road by 20 and then can't beat anyone on the road in league play. We have 5 seniors and cant beat the sun belt bottom feeders on the road. I could see us having road troubles if we had 5 freshmen, it just doesnt make any sense. I think a lot of this just proves how bad our non conference schedule really was. All we can hope for now is that we get hot at the end of the season and run the table in conf tourney. If we do that we can now look at another 15 seed and 14th at the best. But right now it doesnt look like we have to worry about that. This was supposed to be the best team in school history, now it feels like we have more people that are more excited about next year rather than this year. I just hope Johnny can right the ship and get these guys back in order. This has been a very disappointing conference season thus far.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Believe it or not, with how the schedules are, we are still a contender for the west, and the conference title, we just have to take care of business on our end.

Given the way the schedules lay out, I wouldn't be shocked to see WKU make a charge for the East and/or the #1 overall seed either. They have a lot of home games coming up.

• Upvote 1

Given the way the schedules lay out, I wouldn't be shocked to see WKU make a charge for the East and/or the #1 overall seed either. They have a lot of home games coming up.

One of those is a game that we absolutely must win if we want any shot at it, and it is probably the toughest game left on our schedule. We basically need to win out at this point. Denver who is sitting on 1 loss has 5 away and 3 at home counting us. They are likely to lose 2 of those other 4 on the road (UALR, ASU, Troy, and ULL). That would put them on 4 losses, assuming we beat them at home as well. If we hold home court, we can give FAU loss #2 on Thursday. If Denver does what they do at home, they will give FAU loss #3. FAU also has two games with FIU left, which if they split would put FAU on 4 losses. If we won @WKU, they would have 5 losses, and if we don't lose again would be out of the picture.

All of that is speculation, probably made no sense, and is highly unlikely to come to fruition, but it made me feel better to get it out. :)

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2

for every positive you bring up i can top it with 2 negatives.

we only played 7 players tonight and juan pattillo had his shark eyes back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

btw....i watched your first half on channelsurfing today and other parts when we had time outs.

denver is a tough freaking out at their place.

i have no idea what happened to them in ooc games but by god they looked good against us (at our place) and they were shooting 3's like they were layups against you guys.