Unt Cheerleaders

Travis

25k now. And you have 5 years to build it. Otherwise all the money reverts to the general fund.

I had heard it was going up to $25K, but was not sure when or if it had. $25K is probably much more appropriate when one thinks in terms of an endowment. Thanks for the update.

Want to help with the GMG.com basketball game fund-raiser for the Cheer Squad? Send me a PM...

Should we not have a GMG BB Tournament to help raise BB scholarships?

Then we can have the GMG Cheer Off during halftime to raise money for the cheerleaders.

Or should we have the GMG Dance Off then and do the Cheer Off before the game?

More $$$?

Well, in a very direct way this will help provide BB scholarship money. Every dollar the athletic dept. does not have to spend on the Cheer Squad it has available for scholarship use...including the BB team. That goes for the Mean green Club money as well. I assume you are aware that 100% of the funds raised by the Mean Green Club goes to support athletic scholarships at UNT. The Mean Green Club is a primary scholarship fund-raising arm for the university. That is why UNT so badly needs more people to join the Mean Green Club, at any level...or at any amount...even $25 if that's what one can do.

Now, as you have expressed some ideas regarding the proposed game, would you care to volunteer your time and talent to help organize and run the thing? I am always looking for folks with good ideas and the willingness to do more than suggest what other people should be doing to help with these projects. Your help would be VERY much welcome. If you are interested, send me a PM with some contact info and I'll get in touch with you and we'll go from there.

Appreciate your interest and ideas...hope to hear from you soon.

GO MEAN GREEN!

GMG.COM basketball game in support of the UNT Cheer Squad is "ON". Looks like the date will be SATURDAY, MARCH 26th with tip off at 1PM. The location is shaping up to be the GYM at the MEAN GREEN VILLAGE where the VV games are help and where UNT holds its basketball camps. Thank you RV for offering to help with this. As we can use that facility free of charge, we will be able to increase the funds we are able to provide the Cheer Squad.

ALL proceeds...that's 100% over any costs...will go directly to the benefit of the UNT Cheer Squad.

Cost to play is $25.00 and includes a highly sought after souviner players shirt...a real collectors item as you can say you have a copy of #1...there is only one "first annual" you know! :lol:

We will have a post-game/s party at a local watering hole where awards and other activities will take place.

Many more details to follow...but check your calendars...let me know if you want to play, your shirt size and some personal stats as to height, playing experience, male or female (yes, this is a co-ed event...if we get some ladies who want to play).

Let's get this on!!!!!!! First annual GMG.com BB game...get in now so you can have bragging rights for years to come...yes, we need donations and sponsors as well as players. If anyone would like to donate let me know, and very importantly...if you work for a firm, own a business or know a business who would like to help sponsor the game THAT would be a home run! I will go to a UNT fund, so it is all legit!

• Upvote 2