If Greg Davis Gets The Boot From Ut

H-towngreen

First of all, Major would be Davis's replacement. That has been the talk the last few weeks. And I don't understand the obsession with him either as a coach. Great fighter as a player, but calling the plays as a coach? He was calling the plays when ULM beat Bama. Also, there is no way Mack Brown is going to let a new offensive coordinator have a say in the offensive assistants. Muschamp didn't when he came to UT.

Edited by Green Dozer

First of all, Major would be Davis's replacement. That has been the talk the last few weeks. And I don't understand the obsession with him either as a coach. Great fighter as a player, but calling the plays as a coach? He was calling the plays when ULM beat Bama. Also, there is no way Mack Brown is going to let a new offensive coordinator have a say in the offensive assistants. Muschamp didn't when he came to UT.

Ain't gonna happen... the guy is enthralled with Austin and wants to stay there. Good...let him be there. We do not need somewhere here that is obviously so infatuated with a city that isn't our own...because his goal will always be going back to Austin in a higher capacity than he left.

Ain't gonna happen... the guy is enthralled with Austin and wants to stay there. Good...let him be there. We do not need somewhere here that is obviously so infatuated with a city that isn't our own...because his goal will always be going back to Austin in a higher capacity than he left.

This.

Also, Canales didn't do a bad job as OC. Why trade a proven guy for a guy whose resume includes only a short time at 'Bama that was a big Meh?

yeah i forgot about that. It's not a significant upgrade though is it? There are lots of guys that have had a good season at someplace, including Canales.

he went from some type of graduate assistant to QB coach at Syracuse, to OC at Rice, to OC at Alabama all in 4 seasons so that is a pretty quick rise with several programs away from and out of the lineage of UT......his was taking over a Rice team that ran the Wishbone

at Alabama they actually had an improvement in offense over the previous year and I am not sure the first year OC alone is responsible for the drop off at the end of the season that the whole team showed

he did take a step down in position to go back to UT, but the pay was similar I believe and seeing as how they were both in the MNC last year it would be hard to say UT had a drop off after hiring him

again this season was a team and coaching staff wide issue at UT

so Major has had a rapid rise, at several programs, with pretty big names coaches with a couple still having success.....I doubt there are many coaches in the country twice his age that would not trade positions with him or his experience

he went from some type of graduate assistant to QB coach at Syracuse, to OC at Rice, to OC at Alabama all in 4 seasons so that is a pretty quick rise with several programs away from and out of the lineage of UT......his was taking over a Rice team that ran the Wishbone

at Alabama they actually had an improvement in offense over the previous year and I am not sure the first year OC alone is responsible for the drop off at the end of the season that the whole team showed

he did take a step down in position to go back to UT, but the pay was similar I believe and seeing as how they were both in the MNC last year it would be hard to say UT had a drop off after hiring him

again this season was a team and coaching staff wide issue at UT

so Major has had a rapid rise, at several programs, with pretty big names coaches with a couple still having success.....I doubt there are many coaches in the country twice his age that would not trade positions with him or his experience

Applewhite will be the new OC at Texas, unless something changes with the rest of the coaching staff

Applewhite will be the new OC at Texas, unless something changes with the rest of the coaching staff

I don't believe so.....they are going to open the check book for a proven OC.....the Auburn one would be the obvious since he is red hot and UT loves to steal the DCs from Auburn...why not take their OC this time (Auburn can steal a UT swim coach though)....but Holgerson at OSU and others will be in the mix

Mack Brown fully understands that Texas fans expect at least a BCS game next year and another shot at the MNC in the next two years