Uf's Dan Mccarney Reportedly Going To North Texas

Harry

I agree it's PROBABLY not a big deal, or even a little one... it just strikes me as a little odd that Neinas himself considers discretion "and avoiding these sort of embarrassments" as one of the primary reasons schools should hire him. In the ESPN report, they specifically cited Michigan's embarrassment (being publicly waffled on and turned down) as exactly what Neinas aims to prevent.

It just surprises me greatly that McCarney, seemingly as much of a "Neinas guy" as there is, has now had at LEAST 36-48 hours of public waffling - defined by anything less than 100% certainty he's taking the job. The only alternative i see is that it's never been "done" and there's a leak somewhere in the system, which is another thing Neinas aims to prevent. Very, very strange, even if McCarney does what we all expect him to do and accepts the gig.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

It's a life changing decision. You're gonna jump on him for not consulting his family first?

Yeah, I'm as big a Canales fan as any but I think people are being really unfair and blowing this out of proportion.

I guarantee, Mike Canales did the exact same thing when he was offered the job here a year ago.

He wasn't sitting in his living room in Florida with his UNT shirt on just jumping to get to Denton, TX.

I think we should have moved to our second choice as soon as he said he had to think about it.

It does trouble me that he is having to mull it over. Do you want it, yes or no...YES OR NO?!

Dan Mccarney always gives 109%... :unsure:

I want a coach who gives 110% :blink:

It's a life changing decision. You're gonna jump on him for not consulting his family first?

Coaching is one of those professions that move around alot. When you start a family as a coach, you understand that there will be uprooting and moving. If you aren't ok with that, go work at the mall.

It just surprises me greatly that McCarney, seemingly as much of a "Neinas guy" as there is, has now had at LEAST 36-48 hours of public waffling - defined by anything less than 100% certainty he's taking the job. The only alternative i see is that it's never been "done" and there's a leak somewhere in the system, which is another thing Neinas aims to prevent. Very, very strange, even if McCarney does what we all expect him to do and accepts the gig.

That puzzles me too. He should know by now if he wants the job or not. When he first applied a month ago, he should have talked it over with his family then and run the numbers financially to see what he could live with as far as salary. At this point, you should either know if you want the job or not.