#20 Texas Barely Beat Rice Tonite

MeanGreen61

Only on paper, we've played like %!@( ever since the Tech game. The win's a win excuse has to stop soon.

I hear you. It hasn't been pretty by and large... but the end product is 4-1. What appeared to be a strong returning line-up seemingly dwindled before our eyes and now we seem thin as a piece of paper. Hopefully it doesn't catch up to us, but I fear that it will unless someone steps up off the bench in a big way...

Edited by chrisfisher

That demonstrates loud and clear that our win over Rice was a quality win.... and might even help with seeding in the tourney...

1) we have to get to the tourney 1st

2) a win over Rice will have no factor , a loss would have been devastating

3) Rice is a quality team , but a team we should beat

I hear you. It hasn't been pretty by and large... but the end product is 4-1. What appeared to be a strong returning line-up seemingly dwindled before our eyes and now we seem thin as a piece of paper. Hopefully it doesn't catch up to us, but I fear that it will unless someone steps up off the bench in a big way...

That will be the key to this season, if JJ can find 3-4 players off the bench that contribute effectively when the starters need a rest or are in foul trouble.

Only on paper, we've played like %!@( ever since the Tech game. The win's a win excuse has to stop soon.

That's a new one to me, I've heard of not making excuses because a "loss is a loss", but never heard of someone needing to stop with their "win's a win's excuses". I don't care how we win, as long as we are winning. Sorry your $100 bill is wrinkled.

• Upvote 1

That's a new one to me, I've heard of not making excuses because a "loss is a loss", but never heard of someone needing to stop with their "win's a win's excuses". I don't care how we win, as long as we are winning. Sorry your $100 bill is wrinkled.

Because late 2nd half pull out wins won't continue against better opponents. We can't continue to come out flat in the first half and be saved by late game runs. We will face better teams than Texas St this year, like the team coming to Denton on Tuesday.

Edited by mdh0192

Because late 2nd half pull out wins won't continue against better opponents. We can't continue to come out flat in the first half and be saved by late game runs. We will face better teams than Texas St this year, like the team coming to Denton on Tuesday.

Not that RPI means everything, especially this early in the year, but TX State is about 200 spots higher in the RPI than UTA.

Not that RPI means everything, especially this early in the year, but TX State is about 200 spots higher in the RPI than UTA.

I don't get how they're that much higher. UTA is 5-1 with their loss coming @ Oregon St where they were down one at the half. Texas St really doesn''t have a quality W nor a quality opponent. The Mavericks will come to play on Tuesday and if we're not ready they'll take the W.

Edited by mdh0192

Comparative scores are nice and a large part of the rpi, but they work both ways. TTSM just got beat with 124 points no less by Lady of the Lake college a NAIA school. So if you are going to consider Rice playing UT tough as a positive sign, you have to look at Texas State's loss to lowly Lady of the Lake as the opposite.

I don't get how they're that much higher. UTA is 5-1 with their loss coming @ Oregon St where they were down one at the half. Texas St really doesn''t have a quality W nor a quality opponent. The Mavericks will come to play on Tuesday and if we're not ready they'll take the W.

UTA has 4 D2 wins, none of which count in RPI. Their only D1 win is against a dreadful Hou Baptist team.