Recruits Results 3

GrandGreen

I will give you what little I could find. This is becoming more and more difficult as a lot of the on-line newspapers are going to only pay for view.

South Grand Prairie beat Arlington Sequin 64 - 62 with Trey Norris scoring 15.

Lakeview Centennial beat Hebron 76-49 with Chris Jones scoring 13

Eastland beat Dublin 56-45 Intro to article credited Forrest Robinson with big defensive night limiting two star Dublin posts to 15 points total, could not get to stats.

Casper CC won two close games 72-69 over Northeastern JC, and 82-78 over Colby CC; no stats available

While I have no interest following McGhee because most placed players never resurface at NT, a couple of notes on a couple of other could have beens:

Charles Carmouche is starting for Memphis averaging 7.6 vpts and 22 minutes a game.

Chip Armelin is averaging 12 minutes a game for Minnesota with a 4.8 ppg and 1.8 rbs.

• Upvote 2

I will give you what little I could find. This is becoming more and more difficult as a lot of the on-line newspapers are going to only pay for view.

South Grand Prairie beat Arlington Sequin 64 - 62 with Trey Norris scoring 15.

Lakeview Centennial beat Hebron 76-49 with Chris Jones scoring 13

Eastland beat Dublin 56-45 Intro to article credited Forrest Robinson with big defensive night limiting two star Dublin posts to 15 points total, could not get to stats.

Casper CC won two close games 72-69 over Northeastern JC, and 82-78 over Colby CC; no stats available

While I have no interest following McGhee because most placed players never resurface at NT, a couple of notes on a couple of other could have beens:

Charles Carmouche is starting for Memphis averaging 7.6 vpts and 22 minutes a game.

Chip Armelin is averaging 12 minutes a game for Minnesota with a 4.8 ppg and 1.8 rbs.

You dont think Mcgee will be back?

- isnt that why he went to Paris where we have connections... we need a SG anyway

Kimball came back from a 22-43 deficit at half to edge Little Rock Hall 66-63. Jordan Williams had 20 but Kimball was led by Jarion Henry's 31.

Aside in response to McGhee question above: It just never seems to work out. McGhee so far as apparently has not shown a lot at Paris. I can only remember one placed basketball player every signing with NT. It seems that either the player is not as good as wanted, and the school loses interest; or the player is real good and decides to go elsewhere. It could work out but odds are not good.

• Upvote 1

- isnt that why he went to Paris where we have connections... we need a SG anyway

McGee went to Paris because of academic issues that only fully came to our attention after he had already enrolled AND started classes.

Draw your own conclusions, but I read that situation as one that isn't likely to result in him being given the opportunity to come back, even if he could and would like to do so.

Speaking of having connections at a JUCO, why hasn't Johnny Jones ever looked at Navarro guys? I covered that team during its 2008 and 2009 seasons ( 2008 Eric Tramiel was clearly a force as Paris got past Navarro by one point in the Region 14 tourney) and they have been loaded with solid talent. A lot due to a JJ starter kit of a coach with Johnny Estelle.

Look at DeAndre Brown's stats for Louisiana Tech in their loss to ALR tonight. Don't tell me we couldn't use another guy who can light up the scoreboard. He made one of the most clutch shots I have ever seen, hitting a buzzer-beater three from about mid-court to force OT in the 2009 Region tourney at Navarro.

But instead of a nearby UNT coming to see him, South Alabama and Louisiana Tech did.

Plus Matt Pressey, son of former NBA pro Paul Pressey. Matt's younger brother Phil (4 star) was the real prize. Phil had a ton of offers, decided to head to Mizzou and bring Matt along, but wish we could have thrown our hat in.

Chris Roberts a couple years ago as well. He had offers from LTU and USA, ended up at Bradley thou.

Just say'n.

• Downvote 1

Speaking of having connections at a JUCO, why hasn't Johnny Jones ever looked at Navarro guys? I covered that team during its 2008 and 2009 seasons ( 2008 Eric Tramiel was clearly a force as Paris got past Navarro by one point in the Region 14 tourney) and they have been loaded with solid talent. A lot due to a JJ starter kit of a coach with Johnny Estelle.

Look at DeAndre Brown's stats for Louisiana Tech in their loss to ALR tonight. Don't tell me we couldn't use another guy who can light up the scoreboard. He made one of the most clutch shots I have ever seen, hitting a buzzer-beater three from about mid-court to force OT in the 2009 Region tourney at Navarro.

But instead of a nearby UNT coming to see him, South Alabama and Louisiana Tech did.

Plus Matt Pressey, son of former NBA pro Paul Pressey. Matt's younger brother Phil (4 star) was the real prize. Phil had a ton of offers, decided to head to Mizzou and bring Matt along, but wish we could have thrown our hat in.

Chris Roberts a couple years ago as well. He had offers from LTU and USA, ended up at Bradley thou.

Just say'n.

JJ actually went to Navarro over the summer to try and land Pressey