FIU - 69

Louisiana College - 66

ULL - 91

Troy - 60

Alabama - 79

Alabama A&M - 61

WKU - 83

Nothing unexpected.

FIU may have a little something...yes, this is nothing for competition and they trailed at the half, but they really took over the second. Isiah has a lot of talent at his disposal...with the conference's best freshman waiting at semester's break. I may take my lumps after their next game with Florida State, but this isn't a team to sleep on.

Not sure what to make of ULL yet. TTG and I agreed pre-season that they were second tier in the conference...but their loss to NMST has me questioning them a bit. Good proving game @ Creighton on Weds.

If Troy were to hang with Bama the 3's would have to drop...5-20...won't cut it. I expected that without Hazzard and Vogler and Delk that Troy would fall back into their just jacking perimeter shots...47 3PT attempts through 2 games proves that out.

Western looks really good...and the Kerusch-Pettigrew-Patillo troika will cause numerous match-up issues...but what has to be a foreboding number for WKU fans from this game...15 assists, 15 turnovers...point guard play last year was their undoing last season...JUCO Ken Brown had a strong game against St. Jo's (7A, 2TO), but struggled a bit last night (4A, 3TO). PG play is something to keep an eye on with the Toppers. Snap Peters had a strong game. Minnesota in PR next.

Doing some searching on the Puerto Rico tourney WKU is playing in...really nice field this year. This is written out like in bracketed order.

Davidson vs. West Virginia

Nebraska vs. Vanderbilt

Hofstra vs. North Carolina

Western Kentucky vs. Minnesota

Andy Katz filling the role of ESPN douche today...says he's hoping and expecting a Minnesota-UNC semi-final. Minnesota has 2 good wins (Wofford and Siena) and a lot of size which will create some issues for a small-ish WKU squad...but I like the Toppers' chances. Be a big boost for RPI just to get a game with UNC.

Not sure what to make of ULL yet. TTG and I agreed pre-season that they were second tier in the conference...but their loss to NMST has me questioning them a bit.

You do realize NMSU won the WAC tournament last year and went to the NCAA tournament where they lost by 3 to Michigan St...

I don't think an early loss to a really solid program is a good measuring stick for ULL...

I think in college basketball you have to be careful about hasty impressions of teams...

I'm sure if UNT beats Texas Tech tonight fans in the big 12 will be writing them off since they have no idea who or what UNT is...

NMSU is better than some people might think, as is UNT...

You do realize NMSU won the WAC tournament last year and went to the NCAA tournament where they lost by 3 to Michigan St...

I don't think an early loss to a really solid program is a good measuring stick for ULL...

I think in college basketball you have to be careful about hasty impressions of teams...

I'm sure if UNT beats Texas Tech tonight fans in the big 12 will be writing them off since they have no idea who or what UNT is...

NMSU is better than some people might think, as is UNT...

Sorry...it wasn't meant as a shot at NMSU...they're good, no doubt. However I expected to see a slightly more competitive game from ULL...a team we (TTG and I) thought could challenge the top 5 in the conference. Once ULL gave up the lead at the 15 minute mark to NMSU, they never really threatened to get it back.

point god was my largest concern coming into the season.

after watching brown play it no longer is. he's a freakin' jet with the ball. he causes motion sickness in the first 3 rows of fans.

r-mac™ has played some head games with him early (playing the beloved honky walkon in front of him) but he's settling in as the man at point god.

one of his turnovers last night was because cliff 'my brother is the best player on the planet' dixon wasn't ready for a very nifty pass in transition. it should have resulted in a dunk instead of bouncing off cliff's hip. as the players adjust to him he'll make us much better than 'nobody in the country wanted me' jamal crook. and 10 times better than 'i have incriminating photos of the coach' anthony sally from last year.

this just in.....i love snap peters. he's legit fellas. he's the best player we've brought in since c-lee (pbuh). that doesn't mean he'll put up c-lee (pbuh) freshman numbers simply because of the 3 headed monster in pattillo, kerusch and pett.

Sorry...it wasn't meant as a shot at NMSU...they're good, no doubt.

I actually despise NMSU and couldn't possibly care less about ULL... LOL

What I don't like (and this isn't you) is the arrogant perception in college basketball that if it isn't played somewhere on the East Coast, the Midwest or some parts of the Deep South it isn't played at all...

Teams like UTEP, NMSU and UNT are scary for anyone but you'll never convince the doucher basketball fan of that...

If Troy were to hang with Bama the 3's would have to drop...5-20...won't cut it. I expected that without Hazzard and Vogler and Delk that Troy would fall back into their just jacking perimeter shots...47 3PT attempts through 2 games proves that out.

Don't worry about Troy. They'll suck this year, but they've already signed a promising recruit that's a perfect fit for their system.

Sorry...it wasn't meant as a shot at NMSU...they're good, no doubt. However I expected to see a slightly more competitive game from ULL...a team we (TTG and I) thought could challenge the top 5 in the conference. Once ULL gave up the lead at the 15 minute mark to NMSU, they never really threatened to get it back.

Our preseason take on ULL was that Marlin is going to get them to contend within 2 or 3 years, but they probably didn't have the weapons or depth (both Louisiana schools are fighting some APR penalties) to do much this year. Still, good coaching can go a long way, and it wasn't impossible that Marlin would get past Johnson's graduation and Gradnigo's transfer to put a solid team on the floor. Doesn't look like they're going to crash the SBC's top 5 this year, though.