Wwhfd

MizzouTigers

OK, Antler, you're game has gotten very old here.

First, I'm not an Antler. Never was, never will be. Antlers were mega-dorks and we always made fun of them. And my game hasn't even started yet. I'm just getting warmed up.

I realize Leavitt was your ol' college buddy and he will probably hire you to become a member of his staff if he was to get hired here.

That's not gonna happen because there is no way I would take the pay cut. Denton is a nice town, but I'm quite happy splitting my time between Central Missouri, Nashville and Ft Lauderdale.

You coming over to here to our site and calling out, in such a snarky manner, our alums and fans because of your perceived view of being such an educated football fan from an AQ league is beyond ridiculous.

I didn't call anyone out and if you be nice to me I'll be nice to you. I think it's you that is snarky and downright rude.

How long would I last if I did that on tigerzone.com (or whatever your idiot fans post on) by flaming your intelligence? Not long--and I know because I read the way your fans talk to Nebraska fans and KU fans when they go on there and talk about Mizzou.

If you keep up your obnoxious behavior you may not last long on this board.

Speaking of Mizzou, how is that you guys have never won a football championship in the last 40 years, when you are the ONLY division 1 school in a fairly large state, with two bigger markets to get support from? Here at UNT, we are the 10th Division 1 school in the state

Can you name and spell all ten schools?

(unlike USF in Florida being #5 in FL when they moved up to CUSA--which was already above #4 UCF), and we have never been in a league that has been close to a mid-major level, much less an equivalent to what Mizzou has been blessed with forever. Yet, here you are, even with your kush conference affiliation (which will change soon enough), to tell us little folks what to do to get our program turned around. Thanks a whole lot. By the way, let me give you some unsolicited and unwanted advice, too. Keep Gary Pinkel for a looooooonnnnnggg time. He is one of the most overrated coaches in the NCAAs. Chase Daniel made him. So did Nebraska's decline, which of course ended when they hired--wait, for it, a never-been-head-coach other than a bowl game, but was a hell of a defensive wizard. Voila, now Nebraska is back to jack-hammering you and the rest of the B12 North.

<yawn>

Kansas State shore put an asswhoopin' on the Tea Sippers didn't they? I was pretty proud of my Tigers going down to A&M and pimp slappin' them.

Good thing they will take your place in the Big 10 that your idiot chancellor so coveted and all your idiot fans bragged about getting on every message board around the country, huh? But since you didn't get it, and since Illinois wanted no part of you joining, while Nebraska, quite easily, convinced the rest of the B10 that they can deliver the KC market just as easily as Mizzou would, you guys won't have to worry about Nebraska anymore. That will really help you guys out a lot going forward, since you now have to play every Texas and Oklahoma school every year until Texas decides to go independent and they destroy your league. Don't worry, though. CUSA or the MWC will be a great league for Pinkel to compete in down the road. You might even get that conference championship that somehow has evaded your AD trophy case all these years.

You really should work on your sentence structure and punctuation. You're making UNT's English Department look really bad right now. You did graduate from UNT, right?

See, pal,

I'm not your pal.

how fun it is to get lectured about how your program is supposed to go and about "affording to take risks" to build up your status? It ain't much fun, antler. But I bet you already knew that.

That wasn't a lecture, it was an ignernt redneck rant.

The Mizzou poster says Leavitt never hit the kid. I continue to admit I haven't fully researched it but the video I linked suggests USF's administration conducted an investigation and concluded that he not only did so, he tried to cover it up and for those reasons he was fired.

No, it wasn't an investigation, it was an inquisition. It was conducted by Sandy Lovins who is associate vice president for Human Resources with the aid of Thomas Gonzales who is an attorney that specialized in management side labor disputes. Now why would USF need an attorney like Gonzales if their intent was to conduct a full and fair investigation of the allegations?

Edit: Wouldn't it also be interesting to hear what Canales has to say since me must have been there too?

Canales was interviewed but was out of the room in another part of the lockerroom system at the time so he couldn't contribute to the incident. Other coaches were there and stated they either didn't see it or that it didn't happen as the Media reported it.

Rick

The accusations were fueled by a reporter with an axe to grind. Brett McMurphy was fired from the St Petersburg Times and he blamed Leavitt so he was out to take Leavitt down.

Okay, I believe you. It's not like you just registered here to push a certain coach. rolleyes.gif

The only thing the report / investigation / inquiry / whatever you want to call it proves is that something occurred. It is highly likely it got physical in some manner. Yes, grabbing a student athlete's pads is physical. I understand it happens, and many condone it calling it "passion", but something happened to make at least a couple people uncomfortable. A line got crossed somewhere. Does UNT ignore this and take a chance? Who knows.

The one thing I have learned from this thread is that you can register to push a certain coach exclusively and not only can it be accepted, but also embraced by those so vocal against the other coach pimps. You're just selling the right trick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay, I believe you. It's not like you just registered here to push a certain coach. rolleyes.gif

The only thing the report / investigation / inquiry / whatever you want to call it proves is that something occurred. It is highly likely it got physical in some manner. Yes, grabbing a student athlete's pads is physical. I understand it happens, and many condone it calling it "passion", but something happened to make at least a couple people uncomfortable. A line got crossed somewhere. Does UNT ignore this and take a chance? Who knows.

The one thing I have learned from this thread is that you can register to push a certain coach exclusively and not only can it be accepted, but also embraced by those so vocal against the other coach pimps. You're just selling the right trick.

You really should read the "report" before you make such assumptions. It appears to me that you are unwilling to listen to even your own alumni on this board so I have to assume you have an agenda as well.

You really should read the "report" before you make such assumptions. It appears to me that you are unwilling to listen to even your own alumni on this board so I have to assume you have an agenda as well.

A couple of things before I end this wonderfully enlightening conversation we are having...

1) I have read enough of the report to know that something happened. The fact that the report exists is proof enough for that. BTW, it's called a report in the 'Enclosures' of the termination letter.

2) The interview summation FFR has posted show varying accounts of what happened. I take that as proof something happened. FFR and others take it as proof of a conspiracy to terminate a contract.

3) Leavitt Papers

Some Findings:

"Leavitt’s “passion” and energy that particular day was further exhibited in the helmetless head-butt that was exchanged between Coach Leavitt and another Student Athlete (who was wearing a helmet) which resulted in a bleeding wound across the bridge of Coach’s nose."

"Leavitt yelled at Student Athlete A. Leavitt then placed his hand on the player’s throat and slapped him twice in the cheek. These actions were personally observed by several Student Athletes who had the clearest line of sight to the event. Despite Coach Leavitt and Student Athlete A’s denial that any inappropriate contact had taken place, the reviewers find it more likely that contact did, in fact, occur to the face and throat/neck area of Student Athlete A. This report was substantiated by multiple reports from credible direct eye witnesses whose recollection was corroborated."

"Leavitt denied grabbing or slapping Student Athlete A. He describes his actions as “shaking” Student Athlete A by his shoulder pads and asking him what was wrong because he “appeared to be down.” After careful review of all the witness accounts, it appears more plausible that an inappropriate physical encounter did in fact occur, contrary to Leavitt’s portrayal of the incident, to the neck and face of the Student Athlete."

So what happened? I wasn't there. I'm sure nobody else on this board was. But, you can't read all that and shrug it off as nothing. It's common sense. How overblown is all this, if any? Nobody knows except Leavitt and Student Athlete A. Nobody has claimed Leavitt is an abuser, just that he put himself in a situation to be accused of something.

4) I don't need to listen to other alumnus. I can do my own research to make my own conclusions. What credibility do they have in any of this anyway? Regardless, just because they agree with you doesn't mean they're right.

The interview summation FFR has posted show varying accounts of what happened. I take that as proof something happened. FFR and others take it as proof of a conspiracy to terminate a contract....

Nobody has claimed Leavitt is an abuser, just that he put himself in a situation to be accused of something.

Who said nothing happened? Geez! I've never said a conspiracy, but a charade to get out of a contract. It happens, and happened this time as well just like it did at Tech. And no, he's accused of much more than that. And no, we shouldn't just shrug it off. But after looking at the facts of what was said by the witnesses in the interview I see no reason why North Texas shouldn't consider giving him his second chance. Someone will. The question is will North Texas? I say we should.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick