Postgame

Cr1028

I'm paraphrasing, but he said that there were some backup players that didn't step up last night and that backups need to take every snap in practice seriously and be ready to step up or there they need to leave the team. Something along the lines. He brought this up referring to the crack block penalty toward the end of the game, but I thought that was called on Dunbar??? Maybe a backup lineman missed their assignment which led to Dunbar doing whatever he could do to stop the guy. I dunno.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm paraphrasing, but he said that there were some backup players that didn't step up last night and that backups need to take every snap in practice seriously and be ready to step up or there they need to leave the team. Something along the lines. He brought this up referring to the crack block penalty toward the end of the game, but I thought that was called on Dunbar??? Maybe a backup lineman missed their assignment which led to Dunbar doing whatever he could do to stop the guy. I dunno.

That's not what he said -

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He said something pretty close to that in the Dunham interview after the game. Someone back me up here.

Yes. He talked about the backups needing to make the most of their reps in practice, yadda-yadda, proud of the guys because they never quit tonight, "coach speak". This is nothing new. Dodge was pretty good at this. Coach Canales is pretty good at it too.