Dc Area Alumni

bdan2002

Hello all DC Area Alumni,

I am trying to get a group of people together for the UNT Women vs. GWU Women's Basketball game on Sunday, November 21 at 1pm. I would love to have a large group to come and support our women. If are interested, please let me know. I have sent out emails to others in the area also. You can email me at brandon.daniels1@gmail.com.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Edited by bdan2002
  • Upvote 4

Brandon...I assume you have, but have you contacted the Alumni Association? They may be able to email or Facebook, etc. the DC area alumni base with the info and your contact numbers. You can get Rob McKinney at 940-565-3162 or 800-UNT-1153.

Good luck...great idea!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Yes I have contacted the UNT Alumni Association and they have purchased 25 tickets for the game. So, if you are interested, please let me know.

Way to go Alumni Association! I hope folks recognize the willingness of the Alumni Association to help out a bit with this. If I were anywhere near the area i would be there, but TX is a bit far for a commute. Good luck...please do what you can to use all of the tickets. Are you seeing any interest? Hope so. GO MEAN GREEN!

Way to go Alumni Association! I hope folks recognize the willingness of the Alumni Association to help out a bit with this. If I were anywhere near the area i would be there, but TX is a bit far for a commute. Good luck...please do what you can to use all of the tickets. Are you seeing any interest? Hope so. GO MEAN GREEN!

I'm about 85% certain I'll be going and bringing a UNT alum with me...skipping out on Yale/Harvard football game to boot.

Excellent....Yale has that game won anyway, right?

Actually should be a hell of a game...Yale and Harvard are both in second a game back of Penn. Harvard plays Penn this week, so if they win they'll be playing Yale with a shot at the Ivy League title. Yale has already lost to Penn so for Eli to have a shot they'd need to beat Harvard and for Penn to lose to both Harvard and Cornell in their last game...not a good chance since Cornell sucks.

Who else saw Ivy League football discussion popping up in the UNT basketball forum?

• Upvote 1

Actually should be a hell of a game...Yale and Harvard are both in second a game back of Penn. Harvard plays Penn this week, so if they win they'll be playing Yale with a shot at the Ivy League title. Yale has already lost to Penn so for Eli to have a shot they'd need to beat Harvard and for Penn to lose to both Harvard and Cornell in their last game...not a good chance since Cornell sucks.

Who else saw Ivy League football discussion popping up in the UNT basketball forum?

GO ELI...beat the snotty socks off those Harvard guys! Ha! Actually, I have read where the Yale-Harvard game is the biggest single day for donations to the universities each year. Who says football isn't important in the Ivy League. Believe it or not, I enjoy watching the Ivy Leagues.

GO ELI...beat the snotty socks off those Harvard guys! Ha! Actually, I have read where the Yale-Harvard game is the biggest single day for donations to the universities each year. Who says football isn't important in the Ivy League. Believe it or not, I enjoy watching the Ivy Leagues.

hvdyale2.jpg

Yale Bowl holds just over 60K.

I can't find any aerial shots of the tailgate, but much like UNT most don't actually venture into the game...the tailgate scene around the Yale Bowl is incredible...takes over all of the parking lots, adjacent practice fields and the area surrounding the baseball field across the street. 150,000 students, alum and locals is a conservative estimate.

This year's game is up in Boston...haven't been to a taligate up there, but I imagine its a similar scene.

Yes, I am getting some interest. But of course would love a nice crowd for the ladies.

Yes, I am getting some interest. But of course would love a nice crowd for the ladies.

Let's just hope the ladies SHOW UP! After getting beat by TWU for the second year in a row you never know. Ha! Good luck and have fun. I know the ladies will really appreciate the support. Thanks for doing what you can to get this together in support of UNT and the Lady Eagles.