Question for Stacey Segal

CAV

Stacey, do you know if the UNT Bookstore will carry any UNT Softball shirts or hats soon?

If they did, I would wear it to all of my daughter's softball tournaments, and it would be great advertising letting people know UNT is starting a softball program!

Also, there is going to be a State 12 and under tournament I think at North Lakes or Denia this summer. It would be nice to see UNT Softball posters at the parks. Especially at Denia Park.

biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

CAV-

YES!!!! THE UNT BOOKSTORE HAS MEAN GREEN SOFTBALL T-SHIRTS NOW!! They were in the t-shirt bins with the other sport t's...

As for hats, I have not yet decided on a certain design for the softball hats... Our team will wear visors. I will have some hats made for parents, friends, and fans to purchase.

I am aware that the state tourney will be held at Denia Park. That also now looks to be the site where the MEAN GREEN will be playing next season!!!

Thank you for your support.....

Coach Segal

Thanks for the info. On playing at Denia the city is improving the south parking lot and the concessions/bath rooms are fine. It would be nice to see working scoreboards and more stands available when we start to play at Denia. I guess locker rooms/etc. will have to wait until we get the Liberty Christian property.

Also, the city needs to put up better directional signage to get fans to Denia Park from both Ft. Worth Dr. and McCormick. This is not only needed before we start to play at Denia, but it needs to be in place before the Girls 12 and under State Tournament.

Another thing about Denia is all four fields don't drain that well, so if it rains pretty hard count on not playing. It might be wise to get a tarp for the main field you plan on playing on if possible. Fields 1 and 2 face away from the sun and fields 3 & 4 face the sun.

It would be great to see and UNT sponsored scoreboard in the Denia Neighborhood at night.

Hello CAV-

Thank you for the input. There will be MANY renovations to the field(s) that we will be competing on. As for the field drainage. It's a SunBelt conference rule to have a tarp, and I do not believe in rain-outs. There's nothing like a couple of bags of diamond dry! :)Look forward to seeing you at the field.

Better get used to seeing a scoreboard.... ESPECIALLY WHEN NORTH TEXAS WILL BE AHEAD!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

ss

Coach Segal,

First of all, It's great to see a UNT coach keeping the fans in the know. We appreciate your posts.

Secondly, in conversations with coaches in the other sports, how do they view GMG.com and its important role in Mean Green athletics. As far as I know you are the only coach(outwardly) that posts on GMG.com other than RV. The point I am trying to make is that we are thrilled that you keep us up to date and we would be thrilled if coaches in other sports would post as well. Pass the word if you will.

Go Mean Green!!!!

Go Lady Eagles Softball!!!!

Eagle-96

I appreciate the question. I have absolutely no idea how the other coaches feel about GMG.com. I was unaware of the access to it until one of our academic advisors told me about it. I have given this GMG.com http: address to many of my recruits. I think it gives them the opportunity to view articles, and read about what's going on at North Texas on a daily basis. I enjoy the questions and want to share information about the softball program with whomever WANTS to know. I would like to have more questions to answer.

p.s. WE WILL BE REFERRED TO AS MEAN GREEN SOFTBALL!

GO MEAN GREEN!

ss