So Now What...?

McKinneyMiner

The Mean Green are in a very peculiar position for the rest of the season...

Quarterback - There is no reason to play Riley Dodge at QB for the remainder of the season... He is not the future at that position and supposedly is not even physically capable of playing the position effectively... The only reason to play him would be if Blaine is so terrible that it will be an embarrassment, or if Coach Dodge believes that Riley is the only hope (albeit slight) to keep his job... What would you do...??

For the life of me I can't understand why the offense isn't just handed over (no pun intended) to Dunbar... I think he is literally their only chance to win a game this season... Not 7 games, A game...

Did you really ever think that WKU would be looking at a date with us and SALIVATING...?? They are... Trust me...

I think it is (or at least should be) a forgone conclusion that this team will have a new head coach and coaching staff next year... I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing, but it might not translate into the win totals we were hoping for for the new stadium...

More than anything I hope the players can show some heart and not give up on themselves... It's no surprise with all the bad luck and bad play that the fans are jumping ship, but the players have every reason to play for themsleves...

I will be at all the remaining home games curious to see what the team makes of the rest of the season...

I'll be cheering myself hoarse, but without much hope...

• Upvote 1

The Mean Green are in a very peculiar position for the rest of the season...

Quarterback - There is no reason to play Riley Dodge at QB for the remainder of the season... He is not the future at that position and supposedly is not even physically capable of playing the position effectively... The only reason to play him would be if Blaine is so terrible that it will be an embarrassment, or if Coach Dodge believes that Riley is the only hope (albeit slight) to keep his job... What would you do...??

For the life of me I can't understand why the offense isn't just handed over (no pun intended) to Dunbar... I think he is literally their only chance to win a game this season... Not 7 games, A game...

Did you really ever think that WKU would be looking at a date with us and SALIVATING...?? They are... Trust me...

I think it is (or at least should be) a forgone conclusion that this team will have a new head coach and coaching staff next year... I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing, but it might not translate into the win totals we were hoping for for the new stadium...

More than anything I hope the players can show some heart and not give up on themselves... It's no surprise with all the bad luck and bad play that the fans are jumping ship, but the players have every reason to play for themsleves...

I will be at all the remaining home games curious to see what the team makes of the rest of the season...

I'll be cheering myself hoarse, but without much hope...

Good Post. I wouldn't play Riley at QB for the rest of the season, but I also would have found more than 12 carries for my star running back, so what do I know.

Riley will start without a doubt. There is no one else on the roster who as ever taken a snap. Plus Riley will run the zone read that had everyone all fired up prior to the season starting. His arm is good enough to make the short passing that Td's offense is built around. I see Riley coming in and getting 4 wins (ULL, ULM, WKU and FIU).

Riley will start without a doubt. There is no one else on the roster who as ever taken a snap. Plus Riley will run the zone read that had everyone all fired up prior to the season starting. His arm is good enough to make the short passing that Td's offense is built around. I see Riley coming in and getting 4 wins (ULL, ULM, WKU and FIU).

Even if you are right I don't think Rodge will stay healthy the whole season.

Everyone was fired up about him running the zone read? Before this season?

Perhaps in your circle of friends ...

Based on today's offensive output, I don't see the 4 wins (ULL, ULM, WKU and FIU) you are foretelling.

You can make Blaine the quarterback now or you can make him the quarterback later. Riley's healthy streak maxes out at about five games. Teegarden is a smaller version of Riley. The other option is Dodson. None have size or experience.

About the only high school QB experience left comes from Carey or Hamilton. Both are decent runners and can pass on occasion. Who knows how this season plays out at that position?