Did I Start The Mike Leach Rumor With This Thread?

pogWo4life

Mike Leach will put butts in the stands....the best example of how a coach with a "troubled" past will help a program....See Texas Tech hiring of Bobby Knight. They went from having a crappy BB program to selling out the stands the first year, just because of who the head coach is and his reputation.

I do agree, we have to spend the money to get someone who can recruit, put people in the stands, and most importantly WIN....so why not Leach???

and we can put you down for how much?guys like you are all hat and no cattle. they don't what it cost as long as they don'y have to pay for it.

Actually I have been a MGC member for about 7-8 years now....and have not missed a home game in 9 years and have tailgated every one of them, so do not doubt my loyalty or willing to donate to a program that wants to make the necessary changes to win and increase our football revenue.

Actually I have been a MGC member for about 7-8 years now....and have not missed a home game in 9 years and have tailgated every one of them, so do not doubt my loyalty or willing to donate to a program that wants to make the necessary changes to win and increase our football revenue.

just for the sake of discussion, we now pay our head coach about $250, 000 per year. to get someone "major", who preferably a coach who was not fired from his last job, we need another $750,000 for a $1million budget. the school needs to up their share to $500,000, and we need to raise the same plus another $500,000 for his upgraded staff for an alumni comitment of $1million per year for the length of his contract. that means we need 10 @$100,000, or 100@$10,000, or any combination that works to give a set amount in addition to the level of giving they presently do.we have only about 400 or so members of the mean green club, and i don't think all would be willing or able to pitch in. i might be off a little on stadium construction pledges, but i think it was only in the $5million range.we basically have champagne taste and a beer pocketbook. i do appreciate your support of the athletic program,and am not saying we should not think outside the box. i just know my own ranking in priority points wouldn't get me in the u.t. end zone, but affords me 50 yard line seats and reserved parking at n.t. i hope the university is willing to step up to the plate when we hire a new coaching staff, as i just don't see any external financial support. that doesn't mean i don't want a" name "coach. just show me the money.

and we can put you down for how much?guys like you are all hat and no cattle. they don't what it cost as long as they don'y have to pay for it.

Apparently you missed my post (or maybe I made it in the game Chat), but i'll contribute $1000 right now to the hire Mike Leach fund.

As far as "guys like you", if you mean a member of the Mean Green Club and a season ticket holder, I guess your right. You've never seen my hat or my heifer

Next season everything changes around here with the new stadium. Prices are going up, something that I'm sure "guys like you" will b&%$# and moan about., because your cheap gameday experience will disappear.

How does it feel to be stereotyped?

Apparently you missed my post (or maybe I made it in the game Chat), but i'll contribute $1000 right now to the hire Mike Leach fund.

As far as "guys like you", if you mean a member of the Mean Green Club and a season ticket holder, I guess your right. You've never seen my hat or my heifer

Next season everything changes around here with the new stadium. Prices are going up, something that I'm sure "guys like you" will b&%$# and moan about., because your cheap gameday experience will disappear.

How does it feel to be stereotyped?

since i am originaly from arkansas, i am used to being stereotyped.unless you have 500like minded friends,you might wish to send the money directly to leach to help with his legal expenses in his suit against tech. also, what makes you think my gameday is cheap?

since i am originaly from arkansas, i am used to being stereotyped.unless you have 500like minded friends,you might wish to send the money directly to leach to help with his legal expenses in his suit against tech. also, what makes you think my gameday is cheap?

I have no idea how much you spend on your gameday. I was just returning the stereotypical favor.

So, you in for the 1K? Then we would only need 498 more.

Mike Leach will put butts in the stands....the best example of how a coach with a "troubled" past will help a program....See Texas Tech hiring of Bobby Knight. They went from having a crappy BB program to selling out the stands the first year, just because of who the head coach is and his reputation.

I do agree, we have to spend the money to get someone who can recruit, put people in the stands, and most importantly WIN....so why not Leach???

Mike Leach might very well do all you say he would do but.....IMO.......UNT will not talk to Leach and Leach will not talk to UNT.

He seems content as an ESPN analyst and living the good life with his very nice TTech severance pay in Florida. But.........a former TTU coach sacrifices all that for a job at North Texas (a known coach's graveyard where only 2 coach's the last 80 or so years have advanced to bigger jobs as in Hayden Fry and Jerry Moore); anyway, anyone think Mike Leach would do that and not have the funny farm people come pick him up? :)

And there is still that "small matter" :blink: of Leach sueing the state of Texas with his Texas Tech mess "he created" and had he only followed his superiors (bosses) to fix that problem he would still be at Texas Tech U. TTU AD Gerald Myers had been having terrific problems negotiating a new contract for Leach to continue his job in Lubbock and might it have been the case of whatever raise Leach would have gotten might well have been his base salary in Denton?

Leach's Lawsuit Toward State of Texas? Last I checked, it will be the state of Texas legislators who will grant (or not grant) UNT's Tier 1 status, that is, our over a decade long quest for that most desired status as a top ranked Texas research university which will open the floodgates for much more research monies for UNT-Denton.

So what kind of sacrifice would UNT be making by hiring Mike Leach would be the main question of many of the UNT community who I honest to goodness think that the large majority would think the risk of a Leach hire would simply not be worth the reward.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I have no idea how much you spend on your gameday. I was just returning the stereotypical favor.

So, you in for the 1K? Then we would only need 498 more.

actually we probably are in violent agreement as to what level of coach should replace dodge. our sticking points seem to be who and how. since neither of us will be involved in the decision making, our opinions are an exercise in fun and futility. i do appreciate your passion and support for north texas athletics, as i hope you do mine. i just must poke the bear every once in a while.[ count me in. only 498 more]