Let Me Be The First...

NCMeanGreen

Neither will being a TD blowhard and coddling him. This isn't Southlake Carroll anymore.

I'm not, I'm sick of this shit the same way everyone here is, everyone is tired of investing everything they got in to the these games and getting let down time and time again, but we're only two games in to it. We lose the next two and I agree, fire him, but I'll wait until that happens to jump on board.

This team needs our support now more than ever. Flooding the board with fire Dodge posts isn't gonna help anything.

I'm beat, I'm heartbroken, I'm frustrated, and I'm sad for the players who are injured, especially Tune my heart goes out to him and his family, but it is only 2 games, Dodge knows the heat is on now more than ever, I fully feel that we can win these next two games, if we come back home 2-2 the students will turn out the way they did today again, maybe more. But we have got to stay positive, we have not even started conference play, so please tap the brakes. Keep in mind this game and the army game mean nothing in terms of bowl games. We gave Rice that game, we straight up handed it to them on a silver platter. The dropped passes by Jackson and Carey are mind boggling, Chico will be studying the film and find ways to correct the on field play. This is only his second game with the team. So please tap the brakes, please.

Ain't our job to help anything. We just observe and critique harshly.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. This bunker mentality does nothing but push away the potential fans that get tired of the a**whipping that some of the "with us or against us" diehards tend to put out there (not trying to throw radiogreen under the bus, he's been a defender of mine, just making a general observation). That same bunker mentality also perpetuates the culture of losing that NT is stuck in...and amounts to little more than the repeated acceptance of failure. Rather than expecting and demanding more, the diehards just sit back and accept "moral victories" in the name of "I was here when it was way worse". After a while, it's kinda sickening.

All in all, it's safe to call this whole experiment an epic failure. Dodge needs to either submit his resignation or be fired on Monday morning. Chico needs to take the helm in the interim, and NT needs a new coach roaming the sidelines of the new stadium next year. If RV fails to recognize this need, perhaps he should go, too.

New stadium, new coach, new staff, new attitude. Call me crazy like some did in the chatroom last night, but I think Mike Leach should be that new coach. He's been shunned (and, therefore, will be less expensive than normal), he has something to prove, and he's batshit crazy enough to take on a flailing program like NT.

What you just said would sound great on Mr. Villarreal's answering machine...940-565-3646 ...Rick.Villarreal@unt.edu ....make it happen lets get leachy

B):rolleyes:

Be honest with yourselves regarding this program and don't feel sorry for the man. It's easy to do that if you like the guy personally. The guy just made a cool mill off us for severely under performing. SEVERELY is still an understatement, IMO. Once he's canned, high schools will be on him like a hobo on a ham sandwich. He's certainly not hurting by any means...........

agreed! our players and coaches don't know how to win because they havn't. after 5 years and only 10 wins, we have become to accept close games as some kind of a moral victory, even if we don't win them.in fact, we were happy with a 25 point lose at clemson because we had the ball 42 minutes. when td was hired, i thought it was a good hire. however, he brought his high school staff with him, which proved to be a disaster. i was a supporter of dd, but agreed that it was time for a change. its time for another one. as long as we set our standards low, we will meet them. i am not even upset with our recent loss. i am afraid that i have reached the point of acceptance, and am approaching "i just don't care anymore". someone throw me a lifeline, quick.

I couldn't agree more. When we accept mediocrity (hell, we are lower than that!), we are doomed. We need a change in a major way to rally the troops once again. The new stadium with a bad coach won't do it. DodgeBall is over. I do like Plummer's idea of waiting until we get a corporate sponser for the new stadium so we can get "more coach". We'll see if that happens. Stay excited Wardly, things might get better! :)