Mean Green Versus Clemson

chrisfisher

Our D is atrocious. They've given up 35 points in less than 15 minutes of possession! Its our offense that is making us look like we belong on the field with the exception of not being able to score. If they haven't kept the clock running and controlling possession, we'd be in dire straits!

I'm still not optimistic for this season. I need something to give me hope!

I think our D has shown some good things. Yes, a few terrible mistakes have killed them, but on most snaps they have really been pretty solid. Flash back for a moment to the 2007 opener against Oklahoma where we could not stop them on ANY play. While we could certainly use improvement, this D is worlds apart from that D.

Our D is atrocious. They've given up 35 points in less than 15 minutes of possession! Its our offense that is making us look like we belong on the field with the exception of not being able to score. If they haven't kept the clock running and controlling possession, we'd be in dire straits!

I'm still not optimistic for this season. I need something to give me hope!

Great points. The defense keeps on teasing us with some nice stops. Then, they just completely meltdown at times.

I think our D has shown some good things. Yes, a few terrible mistakes have killed them, but on most snaps they have really been pretty solid. Flash back for a moment to the 2007 opener against Oklahoma where we could not stop them on ANY play. While we could certainly use improvement, this D is worlds apart from that D.

I agree 100%. This defense (and team) is worlds apart better.

No credit for the caliber of opponent here? I agree we've allowed the big play, but comepare this to the Alabama game last year. D looked ok all first half and is now being outgunned. I don't think Rice is easy or is a sure win... ...but it's going to be a good game!

This team has some serious issues at the safety position.

I know a hell of a safety that's in JuCo; who's doing recruiting these days? Let me know and I'll get his stats, info, etc. He just graduated HS and was pretty awesome, maybe worthy of an out-of-state look, and his grades ensure we don't have to worry about academics...

I know a hell of a safety that's in JuCo; who's doing recruiting these days? Let me know and I'll get his stats, info, etc. He just graduated HS and was pretty awesome, maybe worthy of an out-of-state look, and his grades ensure we don't have to worry about academics...

That depends where he's in JUCO. But Chuck Petersen coaches safeties; he'd probably be the most interested.

well, offense got a lot of yards, but shot themselves in the foot enough to keep from scoring points.

defense looked manic in that sometimes they did great; sometimes they just fell to pieces.

special teams did not impress me; but, at least we didn't miss on our one field goal try.

overall, i'd say we looked a lot better than last year (almost looked like we belonged on the field for a good 2.5-3 quarters); i'd say, things should look up for the rest of the season. we should definitely be able to get some wins and i'll be disappointed if we don't finish .500 or better.

I think we did just about as well as we could realistically expect. Tune made a couple of bad decisions in the red zone that took points away from us. But Tune is a smart player, and I believe he will learn from his mistakes. Both the offense and defense did well by and large. I don't see any reason why we can't compete with any team the rest of the season, with the exception of K-State.