Mean Green Soccer Vs. Shsu

Mean Green Matt

The game starts at 7pm. I don't believe SHSU has live stats, so hopefully they will keep the "Mean Green Soccer" facebook page updated. I almost made the trip down there, it just didn't work out. Anyways, the bearkats are 0-4 on the year, including a 6-0 loss to TCU. This should be another win for the Mean Green.

Hopefully they save some energy for the Sunday game against the New Mexico Lobos/Ponytail Pullers.

• Upvote 2

North Texas lost 1-0 in what looked like an absolute monsoon (eerily similar to the prarie view a&m game at home last year) :( . The picture on MeanGreenSports.com makes it look as though there were puddles all over the field. Field conditions like that really level the playing field in soccer, and give inferior teams a chance. Everything I can see points to this being a Mean Green win under normal conditions. This is a pretty disappointing loss, but we have a chance to redeem ourselves Sunday against a good New Mexico team.

This quote from the SHSU Coach says it all, "With the field conditions, this wasn't a game of skill. It was strictly perseverance."

Here is a link to a picture of the field conditions, and where I think they will be adding the game article when it is written:

Mean Green Sports

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT OUT SUNDAY PLEASE COME. These girls could really use a good home crowd.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

The conditions were the same for both teams. This is a young team who I hope will get much better, but you have to look at the competition. UNT beat a bunch of bad bad teams and just lost to a slightly better win-less team.

A lot more will be learned about this team, Sunday. Hopefully, NT can defend its field and today's game will become an afterthought.

The conditions were the same for both teams. This is a young team who I hope will get much better, but you have to look at the competition. UNT beat a bunch of bad bad teams and just lost to a slightly better win-less team.

A lot more will be learned about this team, Sunday. Hopefully, NT can defend its field and today's game will become an afterthought.

You are right that the conditions were the same for both teams, I would contend though, much like the SHSU coach, that when conditions get like that, it takes much of the skill out of it. The problem is, like you said, we are unproven against good competition. Come Sunday we will find out what kind of team we really have.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by Mean Green Matt

Agreed