MSNBC: "UNT's Nationally Reknown Music School"

PlummMeanGreen

and where she attended college.

I hope she will come "home" and finish her degree at UNT's "INTERNATIONALLY" Famous Music School! cool.gif (Where did MSNBC come up with just this "national" stuff?

AND.........maybe she'll get real excited and fund a chair at the College of Music or build a wing onto the Murchison Performing Arts Center in Denton and all this when she comes back to Texas a multi-millionaire?!?!? ohmy.gif

(Sure is easy to give other people's money away, isn't it)? tongue.gif OR..............Norah Jones Stadium @ Fouts Field? Oh, never mind........ wink.gif Sorry about that one UNT music majors.

Hey it's nice to get the pub from MSNBC any way you can get it.  Nationally famous/Internationally famous is a small quibble at this point.  smile.gif

CMJ, just mostly sardonicly tongue in cheek (as always) on the national vs international thing. }:>)

Now if we can just get D-FW TV channels 4,5,8 and 11 to acknowledge that the young Ms. Jones did not choose the Berkely Music School, Julliard or some other Northern music conservatory but (instead) the University of North Texas' College of Music as her #1 choice of post secondary education; anyway, if we can get them to report that instead of every other level of education she has received in the Dallas area (except the main one and largest) we'll be just fine! unsure.gif

BUT.......they have yet to tell where Norah attended middle school in the Dallas area yet I am sure that might even come before the local media types acknowledge the super giant music school just 35 miles north of their TV headquarters.

I would think her college level piano instructor most likely took her to a higher level of music maturity than she would ever get at a high school level, wouldn't she? I do wish sometimes Denton had its own TV station with its own news/sports/weather dept and with the spin of the way things are from a non-Dallas or non-Fort Worth perspective.

<>*<> Do we just need to sic the Denia-ite HO's after the D-FW media types? rolleyes.gif

Channel 4 did an extensive report of her today, interviewing her teachers and the principal and several of the music teachers at Booker T. and reporting live from their campus. Just as they were about to sign off on the report, the anchor girl said, "oh Ms. Jones also attended The University of North Texas as well".

Rick

What MSNBC said about "the University of North Texas nationally reknowned school of music" was good enought for this alum.

Trust me, there is a most imporant part of the North Texas Metroplex population that knows what is going on at the University of North Texas. The rest of the Metroplex would have to be part of the ostrich family not to know!!!!! cool.gif

We are getting there, folks, slowly, but surely... smile.gif