Kansas State (3/18/10)

CMJ

They did their best...just not enough there. Hey it was a good run and hats off to State they took care of business. Trammy is a huge loss let's hope we can find someone to fill his shoes. Also we need more guys that can drain the three. This loss doesn't take away fromvthe fact we had a great season! GMG!

You gotta pull out all the stops and just hope the bigs can play with foul trouble against KSU. We were down 4 when Big George got his second foul. JJ elected to sit him the rest of the 10 minutes of the first half.... He's coaching this game like we're still in the belt.

I have to disagree with ya there. The game was close then, he had to pull him with 2 . Besides, Im sure I saw George come back in and Tram go out at the 7 min mark?????

is the whole post being funny or jst the end? White's penetration starts the offense. States height has pretty much stopped that. You can't expect NT to win when their Bread N Butter has been taken away.

No, I wasn't trying to be funny. White is a great player, but he is not a true point guard. Plus, not being able to adjust, KSU keeping us from adjusting is killing us.

I agree that sitting George with two fouls that early hurt, but it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't call by JJ.

I am extremely proud of this team, and what it has done this year. We need to use our last scholarship on another Tramiel type JUCO because we are a perimeter team without him with no true spot up shooter.

I have to disagree with ya there. The game was close then, he had to pull him with 2 . Besides, Im sure I saw George come back in and Tram go out at the 7 min mark?????

Agree he had to pull him... for 4 mins tops. Once they got it to 12+ he had to go back in.

I don't think I saw that... but I'm hammered. The whole point is that for us to stay tight we had to have them both on the floor together. Again I love the hell outta JJ, I just disagree with the mindset he brought into this game.

Edited by Green P1

very typical play for ksu. Sloppy start, then with about 10-5 left in the first half we are up 14 and no one can quite figure out how it happened that fast. Don't rag on your coach. Our post depth is what killed you.

That, and the fact that K-State is better in every phase of the game.

• Downvote 3

No, I wasn't trying to be funny. White is a great player, but he is not a true point guard. Plus, not being able to adjust, KSU keeping us from adjusting is killing us.

I agree that sitting George with two fouls that early hurt, but it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't call by JJ.

I am extremely proud of this team, and what it has done this year. We need to use our last scholarship on another Tramiel type JUCO because we are a perimeter team without him with no true spot up shooter.

He's a scorer first, no doubt, but this offense requires that at the point. I think this team needs a pure shooter somewhere. The slashers have proven they can get to the basket and cause the defense to collapse.

Not a bad effort honestly. KSU was just not the team we wanted to draw. I was figuring a 12-15 point loss, but they hit more 3's than I expected -- hence the bigger margin. What a huge game by TT

I blame you for not joining the chat... Deep and I were overwhelmed by ourselves.

There is not a D1 team we could have beat playing they way we did today. Thank the Lord for Tristin Thompson or else the embarrassment would have been off the charts.

Watching on TV it looked more like no team coulda beat KSU the way they were playing. I honestly didn't think we looked that bad

• Upvote 1

This team did not quit which is a tribute to them. I am proud of this team and still proud to wear my green as I left the arena. 5 of us rode up together, and nobody had anything bad to say about the team on the way back. KSTATE was bigger, faster, taller, and stronger. When Josh tried to penetrate, you could not see him. We also could not match their bench depth. Such is life for a 15th seed playing a second seed. TX is an 8th seed, and is playing a 9th seed. They should give some of the mid-majors that kind of break in their first game of the tournament. As fans, we are disappointed anytime we lose. I do not think I wasted my time or money going to OKC for this game. I can't wait for next season!