Dominique Out For The Season?

SUMG

The only player on this team that even remotely resembled a point guard. Bad news indeed.

If I coached against this team, I would press the entire game. It would produce over 20 TOs.

you don't think Josh White is a good point guard? In my opinion, he's lights out better than Dominique and I think Dominique is really good.

you don't think Josh White is a good point guard? In my opinion, he's lights out better than Dominique and I think Dominique is really good.

Neither are "really good" point guards. If you don't believe me, check their assist to turnover ratio for last year. Dom is a tweener and Josh is a straight 2 in a Spud Webb body. I really like Josh, but not when he is handling the ball.

It still baffles me as to why a point wasn't recruited last year, if not just for depth purposes.

Neither are "really good" point guards. If you don't believe me, check their assist to turnover ratio for last year. Dom is a tweener and Josh is a straight 2 in a Spud Webb body. I really like Josh, but not when he is handling the ball.

It still baffles me as to why a point wasn't recruited last year, if not just for depth purposes.

MNVBUKTNBXXPEUU.20090922182831.jpg

Hi. My name is Alzee Williams. I'm a 6'4" freshman that's playing remarkably well for someone pressed into unexpectedly heavy service at an early stage of my career.

You may have noticed my tenacious defense and my pass-first mentality. I think you'll grow to love them even more as I take on a larger role over the next 3 and a half seasons.

Hi. My name is Alzee Williams. I'm a 6'4" freshman that's playing remarkably well for someone pressed into unexpectedly heavy service at an early stage of my career.

You may have noticed my tenacious defense and my pass-first mentality. I think you'll grow to love them even more as I take on a larger role over the next 3 and a half seasons.

Like.

Love him, but he strikes me more as a 2, Slasher type. Hope I'm wrong and he turns into a one.

Question,

So DJ broke his ankle on December 5th, then two weeks later it's confirmed that he broke his ankle? WTF??? I understand that he's been walking around on it since Dec 5th and even taken warm up shots prior to one of the home games since that time? How is it that it took so long to confirm a season ending break? Do we have a medical staff coming to work during December or what?

Reminds me of the football player, can't remember his name, two or three years ago that nearly lost his leg after trying to rahab and run and work on it for nearly a year before going to his own doctor and finding out he had such a bad infection that he could have lost it had it worsened a bit more?

Rick

As a person with nagging ankle issues, let me give it a crack (pun?).

DJ has a stress fracture...it feels like a sprain, it swells like a sprain, and in many cases it can feel better after a few weeks like a sprain. However, it doesn't heal like a sprain...the ankle bone is partially broken and thus weakened and you're not fixing any kind of bone break with ice and heat, but after some rest and rehab one can play on a stress fracture again...or they can opt to do what DJ is doing and have surgery to repair it and then begin the long road back by rehabing what has the potential to be a 100% ankle again.

When I had an ankle stress fracture, the doctor essentially told me I had 2 choices...play on it, hope it doesn't break or have surgery to repair it.

But should it take 16 days to decided whether or not an invested interest such as a scholar athlete needs rest and rahab? I wouldn't think so?

Rick

Honestly, that seems like the typical trial period. I imagine the training staff told him the same thing they told me...rest up and give it a try or pack it in for the year. Considerring how much this season has been built up around here and knowing how competitive DJ is, he probably said "let me give this a shot this year." Two weeks later...he's tried rehabing and testing it out and it either still hurts or he doesn't have confidence in it and is opting for the surgery.

And just as a side note...I didn't opt for the surgery. I was on crutches and a soft cast for a week or so, did some PT, and then was back playing basketball pretty much everyday. I haven't had any significant injury to that ankle in now 7 or so years. I think that is pretty common with a stress fracture and probably what DJ was hoping for...when they officially shut him down is pretty insignificant

I have screws in both feet due to stress fractures. My left foot, even after x-rays, I was told was not actually a fracture. I played my entire senior season in high school, then summer ball, then pre-season workouts all the way up until about 2 weeks before the season was going to start before it started to hurt too much to keep playing on it. After 2 sets of x-rays showed nothing, we got a CT scan, which discovered the stress fracture, which is why I redshirted my freshman year. Stress fractures are not cut and dry and very often are mis-diagnosed or just not found.