Game Tonight

KRAM1

I don't think anyone mentioned this (if they did I missed it)....but one of the neater plays of the night was a nice steal and breakaway slam by Collin Mangrum. Nice to see him finally healthy again.

Yep, first dunk of the season by the Mean Green came from Collin Mangrum. Who would have expected that? And, SUMG is correct...nice play by Collin.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we may see Shorter/Thomas and Thompson start at times this season, with Dom coming off the bench. I especially expect to see this when the opposing team has size at the 2.

Of course, I think Dom and Josh shouldn't be on the floor at the same time against a big 2, but that's just me.

Looking around at the other exhibitions, it seems coaches do a lot of experimenting during these types of games, which causes the team not to play even close to their best game. I wasn't there last night, and couldn't get the "free" Premium feed to work. Did this appear to be the scenerio last night?

Edited by UNT90

Yep, first dunk of the season by the Mean Green came from Collin Mangrum. Who would have expected that? And, SUMG is correct...nice play by Collin.

Why not? Collin is 6'5" and athletic...why would you be so surprised by his ability to dunk a basketball?

I think we may see Shorter/Thomas and Thompson start at times this season, with Dom coming off the bench. I especially expect to see this when the opposing team has size at the 2.

Can we switch that to Josh off the bench? Sorry fellas, that kid may be a lot of things but a point guard is not one of them.

Can we switch that to Josh off the bench? Sorry fellas, that kid may be a lot of things but a point guard is not one of them.

Yes, we can. I don't think Dom is much more of a point than Josh, but having Josh's offensive abilities coming off the bench would be interesting.

Dom may be slightly better than Josh, but all you have to do is look at the assist-to-turnover ratio to realize that neither are what anyone would consider a true 1. That, and I have seen both with my own eyes, and niether passed that test.

If anything is going to hurt this team in league play, it will be the lack of a true point.

One more note for CBL: Your favorite ref, Steve Welmer, was the lead official last night. I think this may have been his first game back since hurting his leg last year (I forget the details).

He's looking a little heavier, and he wasn't quite as nimble as he used to be. But he's back.

One more note for CBL: Your favorite ref, Steve Welmer, was the lead official last night. I think this may have been his first game back since hurting his leg last year (I forget the details).

He's looking a little heavier, and he wasn't quite as nimble as he used to be. But he's back.

Never you worry, buddy...one of the first things I noticed when I got the feed to work last night was that high-pantsed lumox lumberring up and down the court.

He's good people.

welmer does a ton of our games up here. how many times did he pull his trousers up???

i've sat on the floor seats and he comes across as a pretty good guy. except then it always seems he goes out of his way to screw wku because he supposedly 'likes' coming up here.

if that's his version of likes i hope he never loves us.