White House Will Not Rule Out Tax Increase

I hope nobody is assuming that citizens making more than $250,000 are going to pay for the "Trillion$ of dollar$ from all this spending?

Of course the middle class is going to pay.....

When Cap and Trade passes everyone will pay more on the cost of consumer goods.

You just can not run up this "MASSIVE" debt without paying for it.......i mean everyone paying for it.

If you do not have an energy efficient house you may get taxed on that......

I believe in England you either get taxed more or fined if your home is not energy efficient. Some sort of energy police go around with some sort of heat detection device and scan your home for effeciency.

eulesseagle...That's CRAP and TRADE...not cap and trade. Biggest tax bill ever proposed in the history of the US. Amazing stuff, but at this time, it appears that the votes are not there in the senate to pass the thing in its current form. This would mean a big "watering down" of the proposal IF it has any chance of seeing the light of day in the senate. They couldn't even muster enough votes to discuss the thing before recess for the 4th of July holiday period. Not saying they won't "screw up" and pass this VERY BAD piece of legislation, but for now, it looks like it will take a "bunch of watering" to get it anywhere near senate approval. Then it would have to go to committee for reconciliation with the house version and on and on. I think Ms Pelosi is "doing the high five thing a bit early". And, guess what...it will not be $$$$$ for the trade going to US firms or "trees planted in the US"...US firms won't have the "tradable" ability...it will be more US jobs and dollars going overseas. This deal is "all on the US" and the citizens of the US. We "screw" ourselves and enrich foreign companies and foreign nations. That's great stuff. I can hardly think of a more one-sided anti-American piece of legislation as this poorly crafted "cap and trade" bill. Even GreenPeace hates it, and I never in my life thought I would ever agree with GreenPeace on ANYTHING. I oppose it for different reasons as their opposition comes because the bill does not go "far enough". I oppose it because it goes WAY TOO FAR!

Here's another little "item" for everyone to ponder...I assume you have heard the proposal the administration is floating to help pay for the massive health care bill being proposed, right? The one where income limitations would be placed on the deduction for health care premiums paid by employees. The "income level" continues to decrease in the proposals so do not think this will hit only the "rich". You would be so very sadly mistaken if you did.

OK, fair enough everyone pays...well, not so fast there Lone Ranger...guess who is excluded from the cap???? Well, the official language is for those with "negotiated contracts"...you, our fine citizen, can read that as LABOR UNION MEMBERS!!!!! You got it...we all pay in this proposal EXCEPT members of the labor unions...and just who do you think gave millions of dollars and man hours to help elect the current president and house majority???? Oh, could it be the big labor unions????

Great fairness in that little proposal, right? Yep, change you can live with. Haven't seen much of this is the main stream media as yet have you? You will, but they will be forced to report on it when it starts hitting the blogs, radio shows and a few more "fair and balanced" TV networks.

but I thought the Messiah was going to lift up the poor middle class, so that any family under 250K would not have a tax increase? Guess Obama is no different than Bush Sr. Read my lips no new taxes!!

Oh well it is not like Obama has not already used selective amnesia anyways. Does anyone want to ask Pelosi about her 6 for 06?

Edited by untbowler

---No one wants new or more taxes but the last administrations policies of fewer taxes and more spending** sure did not work well. It increased the debt and the economy was left in a mess. I am sure the super wealthy saved on taxes and had less financial controls but most lost more than they made with the 5000 Bush DOW drop before he left office. In the long run...did they come out ahead...?? I doubt it.

** and still claimed to be conservative..!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why is everyone surprised by this? It's exactly the same thing Bill Clinton did...vehemently claim he wouldn't riase taxes while campaigning in 1992, then saying it was necessary in 1993.

Give Obama credit, though. He's at least being coy about screwing the middle class. Clinton has a press conference before he was even inaugurated saying he'd have to raise taxes.

Finally, these two are Democrats. What else do you expect them to do? It's all they know how to do. When there is a problem, it's never that the government is too big, it's that there isn't enough coming in from the taxpaying Americans. It has been the modus operendi of the Democratic Party for decades.