Did anyone else watch the Obama Infomercial last evening on ABC regarding his Health care plan? Good grief..in my opinion...what a waste of my time and every other person's who tuned in to hear some "details"...ABSOLUTELY nothing new and no concrete answers ... just more of the same..."well we have to do something" stuff and promise after promise that cannot be held regarding government controlled heath care programs.

Name me one country that has a national health care program that does not ration care...go ahead...name one...and there was Obama last night telling the American "sheeple" that his plan would not ration health care, and would, in fact, allow for choice from private carriers...man, what a joke. Just how long will the private plans even be offered through employers when they can switch to the government controlled plan for less cost?

Amazing hyperbole last night from the White House. ABC should be ashamed of themselves, but you can bet they think they really scored a home run. I was looking for some concrete information on his plan. At this time there IS NO PLAN. His administration is not even at step one in trying to put together a workable plan. He seemed to me to be asking for help in getting a plan together rather than presenting the basis of the plan he is going to propose.

Nothing more than a "campaign-type" speech direct from the White House. Hey, at least I watched the thing hoping that it would be worth the time. WRONG!

I am sure some of our other GMG'ers might have a different take...so, did anyone else watch this "event" last evening?

I currently pay $1017 per month for a healthy family of 4 (dental included). I know for a fact that he will help me get that # down. We should concentrate on tort reform as well. Also allowing Generic Drug's to the marketplace. We should put more education in place that allows for more Doctors and those other kind of Practitioners that can prescribe.

What I don't want is socialized medicine. We already have that for Vets and Gov employees. When you add in illegals and poverty types then they system gets bogged down. My $12000 per year is paying for all of them....you....and then some.

I don't know what the fix is but it damn sure is not working. And yes I am covered for a catastrophic event. Most of the plans offered cut you off at some point. Most of the criticism of the current Health care coverage is that you can die and leave your family in utter ruins financially. Well then we all pay anyway from the bankruptcy courts and the property taxes.

IF YOU ARE A JUROR, REMEMBER THAT IF THEY HAD WHAT THEY HAD 100 YEARS AGO WE WOULD BE BIDDING THEM FAREWELL!!!! 250,000 CAP ON ALL LAWSUITS.

Again our education system fails to put 12 reasonable people in a juror box that don't want to stick it to the man!!!!

Wait what is broke again.....

It wasn't even worth the viewers it did receive. I can say that it was definitely a "bust" from an information stand point. No new info what so ever. Personally I am VERY happy to see such poor ratings. ABC should NEVER have presented such a one-sided and clearly partisian program. Sort of blows the cover for those who think ABC is in any way "fair and balanced" in its "news".

It could really have been an informative and balanced discussion of governement sponsored health care programs, but, unfortunately both the Administration and ABC chose to make it a propoganda infomercial devoid of any real substance. I do think both the Obama Administration and ABC missed an excellent opportunity to try to "win" a few "hearts and minds" over on this issue. The result, I believe, will end up being just the opposite.

Yet another missed opportunity by this Administration. Really, too bad for everyone.

I currently pay $1017 per month for a healthy family of 4 (dental included). I know for a fact that he will help me get that # down. We should concentrate on tort reform as well. Also allowing Generic Drug's to the marketplace. We should put more education in place that allows for more Doctors and those other kind of Practitioners that can prescribe.

And, you know that "for a fact" how? With the scarce little real info being shared by the Administration as to costs, just pray do tell us all how you know that "for a fact". Please and thank you very much.

And, as for tort reform...I am with you there 100%. Don't know if a $250,000 cap is the answer, but we darn sure need some REAL REFORM when it comes to the outrageous "pain and suffering", etc. awards these juries are handing out. And, what part of that crap does not lead to higher medical costs and more and more Tests being run to prevent the possibility of lawsuits, etc. Eeally, I share your pain when it comes to the tort reform issue.

But, again...tell us how you know that "for a fact"...you will be giving us real info that no one else in the country has as yet...way cool...insider info. Can we be sued if you tell us?

Edited by KRAM1

I currently pay $1017 per month for a healthy family of 4 (dental included). I know for a fact that he will help me get that # down.

Since when is it his responsibility to get you a good deal? I've posted this before, but you can find cheaper insurance than that. Just because you want a Cadillac SUV rather than a GM sedan doesn't mean the rest of us have to pay for it.

Edited by UNTflyer

What I don't want is socialized medicine. We already have that for Vets and Gov employees. When you add in illegals and poverty types then they system gets bogged down. My $12000 per year is paying for all of them....you....and then some.

I don't know what the fix is but it damn sure is not working. And yes I am covered for a catastrophic event. Most of the plans offered cut you off at some point. Most of the criticism of the current Health care coverage is that you can die and leave your family in utter ruins financially. Well then we all pay anyway from the bankruptcy courts and the property taxes.

IF YOU ARE A JUROR, REMEMBER THAT IF THEY HAD WHAT THEY HAD 100 YEARS AGO WE WOULD BE BIDDING THEM FAREWELL!!!! 250,000 CAP ON ALL LAWSUITS.

Again our education system fails to put 12 reasonable people in a juror box that don't want to stick it to the man!!!!

Wait what is broke again.....

Likewise, we pay roughly $1,200 per month for a family of 4's healthcare. With some sort of new plan from the big "O" one can assume

that direct cost will go down. However, the increase in taxes we will experience will completely nullify any savings.

I can only assume the net effect will be disasterous. Guess I'll wait and see.

Since when is it his responsibility to get you a good deal? I've posted this before, but you can find cheaper insurance than that. Just because you want a Cadillac SUV rather than a GM sedan doesn't mean the rest of us have to pay for it.

Flyer, I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this. The insurance industry is fraught with inefficiencies, overhead and outrageous profits. That issue is not being addressed to the level it should. I think you hear very little about the problems that occur in the insurance industry and it is due to the fact that it does not help the cause of the anti-reform crowd. They are more profitable when they insure fewer sick people. That is one of the reasons we have so many uninsured who you and I pay for in our increasing premiums and taxes. What's interesting from a lot of the comments on here it almost sounds like conservative talk show talking points about what is wrong with health reform. No one wants to address the fact that we cannot continue down the path we are going. In a global economy we can't continue to pay double what our competitors pay for health care with lower quality and outcomes. How do you know he can find cheaper insurance than that? And if it is cheaper premiums, is that due to the fact that it provides a higher deductible or copays with means lesser coverage and higher out-of-pocket costs?

I'm a fiscal conservative, and typically support the open market approach - but in the case of health care I don't think it is that simple. There used to be hundreds of health insurance companies, but as expenses have risen and market consolidations have taken place there are in reality about 5 or 6 major players left. In their world, if you are young and healthy you have no worries. If you are work for a large public company or the government, your healthcare benefits typically rock. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks who work for small to mid sized companies, are middle aged or older, have some ongoing health ailments or have lost their job recently because of the recession. These are the people who have to face the reality of this benevolent marketplace you subscribe to. Sixty percent of bankruptices in the US are due to medical bills. GM could not compete and had to go into bankruptcy because they had to charge $1500 more per car to cover their health benefits!

Lobbyists play a big role in the mess as well. I am disappointed in Obama for continuing to allow this practice but it is so engrained in our system it is hard to remove. You've got insurance companies spending millions of dollars to pad the pockets of legislators to continue to the status quo. That is the biggest obstacle I see in this entire reform process.

Healthcare expenditures cannot continue down the same path that they are going and if you refuse to realize that fact, then you are like an ostrich putting his head in the sand. How we fix healthcare is certainly up for debate but I take issue with people who seem to feel like the current system is ok just because it is working for them in their own personal experience.

Did anyone else watch the Obama Infomercial last evening on ABC regarding his Health care plan? Good grief..in my opinion...what a waste of my time and every other person's who tuned in to hear some "details"...ABSOLUTELY nothing new and no concrete answers ... just more of the same..."well we have to do something" stuff and promise after promise that cannot be held regarding government controlled heath care programs.

Name me one country that has a national health care program that does not ration care...go ahead...name one...and there was Obama last night telling the American "sheeple" that his plan would not ration health care, and would, in fact, allow for choice from private carriers...man, what a joke. Just how long will the private plans even be offered through employers when they can switch to the government controlled plan for less cost?

Amazing hyperbole last night from the White House. ABC should be ashamed of themselves, but you can bet they think they really scored a home run. I was looking for some concrete information on his plan. At this time there IS NO PLAN. His administration is not even at step one in trying to put together a workable plan. He seemed to me to be asking for help in getting a plan together rather than presenting the basis of the plan he is going to propose.

Nothing more than a "campaign-type" speech direct from the White House. Hey, at least I watched the thing hoping that it would be worth the time. WRONG!

I am sure some of our other GMG'ers might have a different take...so, did anyone else watch this "event" last evening?

NO! :angry: And I'm ashamed of what passes for a free and independent press these days! :angry: I hope that garbage lost it's time slot. 2010 can't get here fast enough! :angry: :angry: :angry: