Bottom Line

nautique

Final thoughts.

I wish Dodge would test as many kids, as financially possible, every week.

But should he have kept this in house? Should he have hung out dirty laundry regardless of wins or losses?

And if a player did test positive, should it be between Coach Dodge and that player, end of story?

How much of this was to really help players or was this used as another excuse for this season?

Final thoughts.

But should he have kept this in house? Should he have hung out dirty laundry regardless of wins or losses?

And if a player did test positive, should it be between Coach Dodge and that player, end of story?

How much of this was to really help players or was this used as another excuse for this season?

It wasn't really his choice to keep it in house or not.

This came about has result of an open records request. Its not like this just slipped out at the coaches show.

But hey if you like your public institutions doing everything in secret and not drug testing, I might suggest moving in the City of Dallas.

This came about has result of an open records request. Its not like this just slipped out at the coaches show.

But hey if you like your public institutions doing everything in secret and not drug testing, I might suggest moving in the City of Dallas.

This could have been done as part of a medical evaluation. Medical records are protected by HIPPA.

Final thoughts.

It was Vito that searched for and released the results thru the FOIA and DRC, not Dodge.

It is laughable that you continue to float the theory that this was done by Dodge to make himself look better or use it as an excuse for the season. He may not be having as much success as we think he should or we want, but I assure you he is not such a low life that he would use young men, possibly even their names getting out, to make himself look better.

Yes, lots of former coaching staffs deal with hiding dirty laundry through HIPPA. Show me where the NCAA would ever approve of an entire team to be ordered a urine screen (twice) as a routine physical and I will show you a cover up. Then the FOIA would just show that the whole team was given physicals (right about the time that all these rumors started) and then it would leave things to everyone's imaginations... and then we would have pretty much what we had for the previous, oh whatever.. I am sick of arguing with parents. No kids' identities have been revealed. All of the kids that failed the test have been given a very reasonable request to just talk to a counselor about their lives to make sure that there are no serious problems... and maybe somebody will be kept SAFE as a result of taking this seriously instead of sweeping it under the rug. There has been too much tragedy associated with this program in the last 5 years, we don't need any more accidents just to

"look good"...

Another thing that happens when things get covered up... Coaches... like young or inexperienced coordinators (or any assistant coach for that matter) that need to be fired... well, they conveniently use that priviledged information (that they have) as blackmail saying things like "If I go down, we are all going down"... Is it worth another half million to make it go away a second time? Anyone ever wonder why we had to pay out the entirety of a coach's salary even though he was working the very next season?

I think that this is NT learning from a very expensive mistake... It is a tough choice but I will take 15 kids going to some counseling over any type of hidden secret anyday. Some coaches might have to leave after this season, do you want any of them to refuse to leave and use information like this to keep their job? You choose.