Stadium Vote- Next Two Home Games

UNT_playmaker

We play FIU on Oct. 4 and then play ULL on Oct. 11....If things don't go our way in both of these games or we incur a blowout loss than this would be a big blow to our efforts to attract the moderate non-athletics supporting students to vote pro-stadium.

It is very important to keep in mind that these next two games can weigh heavy on the upcoming vote. The students who will come into the games at Fouts in the next two weeks could allow the team's performance and the final score at halftime, I say halftime, because everyone leaves Fouts after halftime to affect their vote and support for the football program....

Let's make sure we take everything into consideration and get this vote to pass so we can get started on a new stadium ASAP.

I don't know why anyone... including people on this board continue to draw a line between performance on the field now and a vote for a stadium to be built in 3 years. It is easy to see why we need a new stadium when people walk into fouts.

If under achieving is a reason to give up on, and not fund something, then how would anything get better in life? It seems instead of embracing an underdog mentality and go through a little adversity, they would be trying to distance themselves from the problems and pretend they are someone elses. It's not shameful to go to a great college institution that is attempting to get better in everything, but it is shameful to sit around and not do anything about a glaring weakness when you can help.

If anyone wants to know what happens when students want the cheapest education, look no further than UTA. While it is still a great place to get a degree, they do not have near the same national recognized name our school does. I didn't even consider UTA when I was looking at colleges because I wanted someplace to get the complete experience if I so choose to participate. It also lends itself to a more diverse student when we all can be proud of cross departmental school accomplishments, not just our individual departments... athletics, music, business, engineering etc.

All this vote is, is an indication of whether or not our students want to be the best at everything UNT does. Or, if they want to keep saying that a dept. or 2 are the only things north texas is known for and they want to keep it that way. So, PLEASE STOP DRAWING THE LINE BETWEEN PERFORMANCE AND THIS VOTE.

On a personal note: Not only do I make it up for Football, and basketball games... I make it up for Music events as well. Everytime the 1 o'clock plays I am there. I try to make it to the wind symphony concerts and even try to make it to jazz singers and percussion ensembles. I go to local rock shows with members from the music dept... During my years at UNT, I had absolutely nothing to do with the music dept. I was a comp sci., RTVF, and Logistics major during my tenure at UNT. All of those departments are recognized as some of the best in the nation. I took pride in knowing that I could walk around campus and listen to some of the greatest young musicians in the world. It really pains me if all of our students can't want every department to be the best in the world regardless of price. It just strikes me as a very apologetic attitude. The attitude that comes from students who don't truly want to be here. You have to give your money to someone to get a degree, what's a few bucks more to make sure it's the best it can be after you leave?

Edited by MeanMag